ROLL OUT THE RED CARPET FOR HOLLYWOOD
- Costume Designers Kairo Courts from TV series "Atlanta" and Tiffany Hasbourne from HBO´s "BALLER'S" will host a chat about using fashion to tell a story, create a character, and set trends.
- Wednesday, February 22, BOOTH 62100, LVCC NORTH HALL: Costume Design: Character, Trends, And Branding for Television
PRESIDENT TRUMP SEMINAR
- With President Trump now firmly in office, SOURCING at MAGIC will take a look at how the Trump administration may impact various free trade agreements and international trade relationships. Experts will analyze these issues and the cause and effect between the supply chain and recent challenges in the global economy, such as the elimination of TPP, the continued rise of costs in China and trade issues between the U.S. and China.
- Tuesday, February 21 at 1:00, ROOM N251, LVCC: POST ELECTION: TRUMP AND TRADE
WEARABLE TECH IS STILL HOT, HOT, HOT
- Join Sylvia Heisel (Fashion Designer, Creative Director HEISEL), Peter Sylvester (LIDT, Associate Producer Sports and FitnessTech and FashionWare), Cliff Ulrich (Product Innovation Manager, Richline Group) to discuss how the next line of wearables both functional but fashionable.
- The first round of connected jewelry was so heavy that you needed Schwarzenegger biceps to wear but with the innovative new chips and sleek design, accessories are experiencing resurgence. This chat will touch upon the next wave of connected accessories and the challenges of manufacturing.
- Tuesday, February 21 at 4:00, BOOTH 62100, LVCC NORTH HALL: Safety, Connectivity and Bling
- Also, witness live demonstrations of the latest technology innovations featuring: Fabric printing, 3D printing, production automation at our WEARABLE TECHNOLOGY SHOWCASE, LVCC North Hall, Booth 66800
AFRICA: FOCUS CONTINENT
- Over the past few years, serious interest in African countries as a major sourcing destination for apparel has grown. With the recent renewal of the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA) through 2025, which allows certain countries in sub-Saharan Africa duty-free access to the US market, the buzz around Africa has become even louder.
- Visit the AFRICAN PAVILLION with over 11 countries represented, see our African Fashion Gallery and enter to win an African Safari.
- Learn why is fashion sourcing is shifting to Africa and what are the innovative and socially responsible producers offering? And how does the AGOA Free Trade Act benefit U.S. companies producing fashion in Africa? Our Attend seminar: CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES in AFRICA Seminar will provide the answers.
- Tuesday, February 21 at 3:30 IN LVCC, ROOM N251
For a full list of ALL seminars at MAGIC, visit http://www.ubmfashion.com/show/76/schedule
- Urban artist Justin Pierce joins SOURCING at MAGIC for the first time. He will be painting on the show floor.
- Japanese Artist Momoko Katsuragawa will also be live painting in the Japan Pavilion.
TREND AND COLOR AREAS:
- See Fabric Trend Galleries, featuring show floor exhibitors and trends for S/S '18 by Fashion Snoops. Morphew/Paradox NYC will be providing attendees with insight on vintage prints, embellishments and shape concepts from around the world in a new trend display, and Pantone returns with a new Color of the Year for 2017: Greenery.
Footwear at SOURCING at MAGIC
- Footwear at SOURCING at MAGIC is the only show created for brands and retailers to source their production directly from factories around the globe. The show is located alongside our international footwear show, FN PLATFORM. Footwear specific countries include: China, Ethiopia, India, Mexico, Philippines, South Africa, Taiwan, Turkey, and Vietnam.
About SOURCING at MAGIC
SOURCING at MAGIC is the fashion industry's link to the entire global supply chain. This incredible source of inspiration, education, innovation and resources is what keeps fashion moving. With over 40 countries represented, this must-see destination attracts designers, brands and retailers alike to discover what they need to move their business forward. For more information, visit: http://www.ubmfashion.com/shows/sourcing-magic.
About UBM Americas
UBM Americas, a part of UBM plc, delivers events and marketing services in the fashion, technology, licensing, advanced manufacturing, automotive and powersports, healthcare, veterinary and pharmaceutical industries, among others. Through a range of aligned interactive environments, both physical and digital, UBM Americas increases business effectiveness for customers and audiences through meaningful experiences, knowledge and connections. The division also includes UBM Brazil's market leading events in construction, cargo transportation, logistics & international trade, and agricultural production; and UBM Mexico's, construction, advanced manufacturing and hospitality services shows. For more information, visit: www.ubmamericas.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sourcing-at-magic-reveals-exciting-event-lineup-in-las-vegas-300406611.html
SOURCE SOURCING at MAGIC