LONDON, Nov. 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
The report titled "South Africa Lubricant Market Outlook to 2020 – Inclining Vehicle Sales and Growing Manufacturing and Mining Sector to Drive Future Growth" provides a comprehensive analysis of the automotive and industrial lubricant industry in South Africa. The report covers several aspects such as the market size on the basis of sales revenue and consumption of lubricants in South Africa. The segmentation for lubricants has been presented by major end users, by product type (engine oil, hydraulic oil, greases, industrial gear oils, automotive gear oils and metal working fluids), type of base oil used, distribution channel and organized and unorganized sectors. The report also covers the market share, competitive landscape, strengths and weaknesses of major manufacturers along with their future strategies and production capacities.
In addition to this, the report also covers trends, developments, growth drivers, restraints and export import scenario of lubricants in South Africa. Regulatory policies, certification requirements and emission standard have also been covered. This report will help industry consultants, lubricant manufacturers and dealers, retail chains, potential entrants and other stakeholders to align their market centric strategies according to the ongoing and expected trends in the future.
South Africa Lubricant Market
South Africa lubricant market has witnessed considerable growth over the period 2010-2015 and has become a hub of operations for major players such as Shell, Engen, BP/Castrol, Total and Chevron. Consumption of lubricants in South Africa has been reported at ~ thousand tons in 2010. Factors such as inclining vehicle sales and enhancing manufacturing, construction and mining and quarrying sector has propelled the consumption of finished lubricants to ~ thousand tons in 2015.
Aligned to this, the revenues for the lubricants market in South Africa were evaluated at USD ~ million in 2015. On the other hand, the production of finished lubricants in South Africa was posted at ~ thousand tons in 2015. Automotive lubricants have contributed majority of the share in lubricants market in South Africa.
Automotive Lubricant Market
The share of automotive lubricants in the total consumption has inclined from ~% in 2010 to ~% in 2015. On the basis of revenues, they have gathered a share of ~% in 2015. The sales of vehicles in South Africa have augmented from ~ in 2010 to ~ in 2015. Such growth in vehicle sales have provided significant boost to the automotive lubricants market over the period 2010-2015. The growth in share of automotive segment has also been supported by growing use of high performance synthetic lubricants in South Africa which are majorly being demanded by the automotive sector of the country over the period 2010-2015. Within the automotive sector, passenger vehicles have been the largest segment in this category, accounting for a revenue share of ~% in 2015.
Industrial and Machinery Lubricant Market
The share of industrial lubricants has declined slightly relative to the automotive segment. Labor unrest and electricity disruptions in the mining and manufacturing sectors have been the major reasons behind the slight decrease in share of industrial lubricants relative to automotive. Falling revenues of the mining and quarrying sector over the period 2011-2014 has been the major reason behind falling share of industrial lubricants sector relative to the automotive sector. Gauteng is the largest market for lubricants in South Africa. Gauteng has accounted for ~% of total consumption of lubricants in South Africa as of 2015.
Key Topics Covered in the Report:
- Market size of South Africa Lubricant Market by Revenue and by consumption
- Market size of South Africa Automotive and Industrial and Machinery Lubricant Market
- South Africa Lubricant Market Segmentation by Application
- South Africa Lubricant Market Segmentation by Provinces
- South Africa Automotive Lubricant Market Segmentation by Major end Users
- South Africa Automotive Lubricant Market Segmentation by Type of Base Oil Used
- South Africa Automotive Lubricant Market Segmentation by Distribution Channel
- South Africa Automotive Lubricant Market Segmentation by Organized and Unorganized Sector
- South Africa Industrial and Machinery Lubricant Market Segmentation by Major end Users
- South Africa Industrial and Machinery Lubricant Market Lubricant Market Segmentation by Type of Base Oil Used
- South Africa Industrial and Machinery Lubricant Market Segmentation by Distribution Channel
- South Africa Industrial and Machinery Lubricant Market Segmentation by Organized and Unorganized Sector
- South Africa Industrial and Machinery Lubricant Market Segmentation by Major Types of Lubricants
- Market Share and competitive Landscape of Leading Manufacturers in South Africa Lubricant Market, 2015
- Competitive Landscape of Leading Manufacturers in South Africa Lubricant Market, 2015
- Export-Import of Lubricants in South Africa, 2011-2015
- South Africa Lubricant Market Future Outlook and Projections, 2016-2020
- Analyst Recommendations
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/4391104/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/south-africa-lubricant-market-outlook-to-2020---inclining-vehicle-sales-and-growing-manufacturing-and-mining-sector-to-drive-future-growth-300370298.html