LONDON, Sept. 6, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- In the face of rising cyber security threats to enterprises, the market for managed security services (MSS) is attracting attention from technology providers. The Internet of Things, Big Data, and consumer protection acts are among the leading trends influencing the market. This research service provides an analysis of South Africa's MSS market. It focuses on the emerging technology trends and security threats shaping the evolution of the industry. Included in the research is a discussion of sector-specific security challenges driving the demand for managed security services. Moreover, the changing competitive landscape within the security services market is also highlighted.
- Cyber Security—Encompasses products, services, and processes adopted by enterprises to secure networks and critical infrastructure (CI), monitor hardware, software, and databases, safeguard data, and
secure the delivery of electronic data and services.
- Endpoint Security—Refers to the security of endpoints such as mobile phones, tablets, printers, personal computers (PCs), and email. Endpoint security covers specific features including anti-virus, smart cards,
and biometric scanners.
- Fintech—Companies that are making use of technology to offer mainstream financial services are being referred to as fintechs (financial technology companies), and these are typically small start-ups. This is a
growing trend within the financial services sector.
- Managed Security Services—Often delivered on a retainer basis for a fixed period of time. Includes some degree of proactive monitoring of the customer's security environment, and may encompass protection
against denial-of-service attacks, email viruses/worms, spam, and other cyber maladies.
- Malware—A generic term covering a range of software programmes designed to attack, degrade, or prevent the intended use of information communications technology (ICT) systems or computers.
- Network Security—The act of protecting the cyber network by utilising simple means of security such as usernames and passwords. In addition to these low-level security features, network security also
incorporates firewalls, antivirus, network security scanners, intrusion detection and protection systems (IDS/IPS), and security information and event management (SIEM).
- POPI Act—The Protection of Personal Information Act was drafted by the South African government to ensure that institutions act responsibly in the collection, processing, and use of customer information. It
imposes various degrees of punishments for any infringements against the stipulations of the Act, ranging from fines to imprisonment.
- Phishing—This is a form of internet fraud that aims to steal valuable information such as credit card details, user IDs, and passwords by tricking the user into giving the attacker confidential information.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/4062681/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/south-african-managed-security-services-market-300323201.html