LOS ANGELES, Feb. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Two of the most respected and influential leaders of America's aerospace economy The Honorable Nikki Haley, Governor of South Carolina, and Vice President/General Manager of Boeing South Carolina, Jack Jones, were announced today as the keynote speakers of the SpeedNews Global Aerospace Manufacturing Conference, which will be held in Charleston, SC on April 9-10.
SpeedNews Conferences is the leader in producing executive events that serve the information and professional networking needs of senior-level aviation and aerospace leaders, decision makers and industry analysts.
Jones will deliver the conference Opening Address. The Honorable Gov. Haley will keynote the conference luncheon. They headline a top-tier roster of U.S. based aerospace manufacturing leaders who are scheduled to speak at the conference, including:
- John VanKirk, VP, Aerospace & Defense, Kennametal
- Brian Coffenberry, SVP, Business Development - Research & Technology, Albany Engineered Composites (NYSE: AIN)
- Tony Morales, Global Marketing Director, Aerospace & Defense, Alcoa Aerospace
- Dr. Denise R. Rutherford, VP & General Manager, 3M Aerospace
- David Hall, SVP, Integrated Value Chain, RTI International Metals (NYSE: RTI)
The event will focus on industry innovation in various manufacturing aspects including: tooling, machining, structural elements, engine components, design, and engineering. Event delegates will be updated on the latest products to improve productivity and profitability in their manufacturing operations.
The agenda will also spotlight the success of South Carolina's growing aerospace industry, which is establishing itself as a national model for industrial economic
development. More than 22,000 people work for an expanding SC network of 200-plus aerospace manufacturing companies and other aerospace-related businesses.
Conference highlights will include three panel discussions:
- Aerospace Manufacturing Platform: South Carolina
- Aerospace Advanced Materials
- New Processes and Innovations in Material Manufacturing
In addition to detailed presentations and discussion sessions, conference delegates will also visit aerospace facilities in the Charleston area including:
- Boeing Interiors Responsibility Center, which manages the manufacturing and assembly of the 787 Dreamliner's interiors, including stow bins, closets, partitions, overhead flight crew rests and video control stations.
- TIGHITCO, an industry leader in the design and fabrication of engineering components for aerospace and industrial applications
- Venture Aerobearings, which manufactures and assembles the roller bearings used to build aircraft engines (SKFB: SS).
About SpeedNews Conferences
SpeedNews Conferences is the leader in producing executive events that serve the information and professional networking needs of senior-level aviation and aerospace leaders, decision makers and industry analysts. From aircraft and engine manufacturing to current financial reports, delegates who attend SpeedNews events walk away with current knowledge from experts to help guide their business plans for the coming year. SpeedNews is a Penton Aviation business. For information visit www.speednews.com.
For millions of business owners and decision-makers, Penton makes the difference every day. We engage our professional users by providing actionable ideas and insights, data and workflow tools, community and networking, both in person and virtually, all with deep relevance to their specific industries. We then activate this engagement by connecting users with tens of thousands of targeted providers of products and services to help drive business growth. Learn more about our company at www.penton.com.
Penton is a privately held company owned by MidOcean Partners and U.S. Equity Partners II, an investment fund sponsored by Wasserstein & Co., LP, and its co-investors.
For Conference Registrations and Sponsorships
Joanna Speed - SpeedNews
11500 W. Olympic Blvd. Suite 574
Los Angeles, CA 90064
Director, Corporate Communications