South Walton Celebrates the Holidays with a Host of Merry Events
SOUTH WALTON, Fla., Nov. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Every winter, many travelers leave their snow-covered surroundings to visit their favorite beaches for a warm, relaxing escape. Those who visit South Walton are greeted not only with mild weather and the destination's stunning white sands and turquoise waters, but also a variety of family-friendly holiday events, including:
- For those visitors who miss the cold and ice, the ice skating rink at The Village of Baytowne Wharf is the perfect opportunity to get into the holiday spirit. Now through January, skaters can enjoy Baytowne on Ice in Sandestin;
- Santa is going high tech this year! With the help of Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, children can video chat with Santa Claus in his workshop. Santa Skypes take place Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 4-5 p.m., now through Dec. 21;
- The Festival of Trees in Grand Boulevard features a Christmas tree decorating contest, with more than a dozen trees wonderfully decorated for the holiday season. The festival continues through Dec. 25;
- Rosemary Beach will usher in the holidays with a town Tree Lighting Nov. 23. The event will be followed by Merchant Holiday Open Houses, as the town's merchants offer a special evening of holiday shopping and refreshments;
- Alys Beach visitors can join Santa for cookie decorating and holiday cheer at Alys in Wonderland, Nov. 23 in Alys Beach;
- On Nov. 24, the Old Florida Holiday & Winter Market at WaterColor Inn & Resort will feature carriage rides, a bonfire and s'mores, pictures with Santa, a festive tree lighting, holiday treats and more;
- Turn on the Town, taking place Nov. 24 in Seaside, combines the small-town atmosphere of a beach neighborhood parade, an official town lighting ceremony and an appearance by Santa Claus;
- On Dec. 15, the Wesley House at Eden Gardens State Park will be open to the public for an Eden Gardens Candlelight Open House, where visitors can see the historic home beautifully decorated for the holiday season; and,
- WaterColor Inn & Resort will host the popular Polar Bear Plunge again Jan. 1, as brave visitors jump into the chilly waters of the Gulf of Mexico to celebrate the New Year!
For more holiday events and special offers on accommodations, view the expanded news release here: http://www.visitsouthwalton.com/contents/download/12865.
SOURCE Visit South Walton