ROANOKE, Va., Feb. 17, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Recent news about the quality of water that enters your home has brought to light the potential dangers lurking in our tap water. Homeowners are puzzled as to what they can do to keep their family safe. With more than 20 years experience in dealing with plumbing in Virginia, Southern Trust Home Services can help put these concerns to rest.
"Modern homes have many systems designed to maintain temperature and keep unwanted contaminants out of the air, but homeowners often forget the dangers that may lurk in their water," said Ted Puzio, owner of Southern Trust Home Services. "Water treatment is one of the easiest and most efficient ways to keep you and your family safe from unwanted contaminants."
Ted Puzio offers these tips to help Roanoke homeowners select the water filtration system best suited for their home and family needs:
- There are a few signs that you can look for before calling a professional to determine if you need water filtration:
- Discoloration of fixtures
- Change in smell or taste of water
- Increase of residue in sinks or showers
- Have your water tested by a professional to determine how much filtration is needed in your home; it must first be determined what is in your water before a decision can be made on the type of system required.
- The primary water filtration system uses charcoal to remove sediment and debris that builds up in your pipes.
- If the water has a very low pH balance, it needs to be treated more thoroughly. Water softeners are often used in conjunction with a reverse osmosis treatment device to ensure salinity doesn't start to build up in your drinking water.
For Roanoke-area residents who would like help testing their water, Southern Trust Home Services provides complete free water quality testing, including checks for arsenic, bacterial contaminants, hardness, iron levels, lead, nitrates and pH balance. The professionals at Southern Trust Home Services are ready to assist and help repair or install the correct water filtration system for your home. For more information about electrical, plumbing or HVAC home safety and maintenance tips from the BBB A+ rated Southern Trust Home Services please visit www.southerntrusthomeservices.com.
About Southern Trust Home Services
Founded in 1995 as Southern State Electric, Southern Trust Home Services provides 24/7 emergency services for 60 plus cities in southern Virginia. Specializing in residential plumbing, electrical and HVAC work, Southern Trust Home Services staffs dedicated, certified, licensed and insured, drug and criminal background checked technicians who provide timely, same-day services for a variety of home repairs, installations and maintenance. A Better Business Bureau accredited company since 2006, Southern Trust Home Services has financing available including 0 percent for 18 months, and Lifetime Repair Guarantee on stated repairs. To find out more, call 540-343-4348 or visit www.southerntrusthomeservices.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/southern-trust-home-services-offers-tips-on-choosing-water-filtration-systems-300408933.html
SOURCE Southern Trust Home Services