DALLAS, Dec. 8, 2010 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Southwest Airlines is honored to once again be the Official Airline of the 2011 Sundance Film Festival. The airline is proud to support, for the second year in a row, the artists and filmmakers whose vision, creativity, and passion fuel the Sundance Film Festival every year. As a pioneer in aviation, Southwest salutes the filmmakers who seek new horizons and embrace possibilities. Southwest Airlines also sees the festival as an opportunity to expand the airline's Branded Entertainment practice—an effort focused on integrating Southwest into television and film productions. The airline is happy to showcase its People, Culture, planes, and travel experience through this innovative approach.
Southwest Airlines is offering its Customers the opportunity to win travel and tickets to attend the 2011 Sundance Film Festival simply by using Gowalla, the location service. Beginning today through Dec. 31, 2010, each time a Customer uses Gowalla to check in at a Southwest Airlines airport with nonstop service into Salt Lake City, that Customer will be offered a Southwest Airlines Sundance Film Festival pin and be entered to win roundtrip tickets on Southwest Airlines and tickets to a Festival screening!
"We are excited about this partnership with Gowalla that will allow us to engage with our Customers in a new way while they are traveling this holiday season. It will also offer them the chance to fly to the Sundance Film Festival and see a film, just like the stars do. It's a great treat for our Customers," said Linda Rutherford, Southwest Airlines Vice President of Communication and Strategic Outreach.
"Gowalla and the Sundance Film Festival both share a love for encouraging people to go out and discover the world," said Andy Ellwood, Director of Business Development for Gowalla. "By teaming up with Southwest Airlines, we are bringing both of these communities the ability to explore Sundance."
Participation is easy, just follow these steps:
- Customers must download the Gowalla app to their smartphone.
- Upon arriving at an airport that has nonstop Southwest service to Salt Lake City, Customers need to open the Gowalla app and look for their airport location. (Example: Phoenix International Airport).
- Customers will then select that airport location and hit the orange checkin button.
- After check-in, Customers will immediately receive a message if they've won a pair of roundtrip tickets on Southwest Airlines.
- A more detailed explanation of how Gowalla works can be found here: www.gowalla.com
After nearly 40 years of service, Southwest Airlines continues to differentiate itself from other low fare carriers—offering a reliable product with exemplary Customer Service. Southwest Airlines is the nation's largest carrier in terms of originating domestic passengers boarded, now serving 69 cities in 35 states with service to Charleston and Greenville-Spartanburg beginning March 13, 2011, and service to Newark Liberty International beginning March 27, 2011. Southwest also is one of the most honored airlines in the world known for its commitment to the triple bottom line of Performance, People, and Planet. To read more about how Southwest Airlines is doing its part to be a good citizen, visit southwest.com/cares to read the Southwest Airlines One Report™. Based in Dallas, Southwest currently operates more than 3,100 flights a day and has nearly 35,000 Employees systemwide.
About Sundance Film Festival
Supported by the nonprofit Sundance Institute, the Festival has introduced global audiences to some of the most ground-breaking films of the past two decades, including sex, lies, and videotape, Maria Full of Grace, The Cove, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, An Inconvenient Truth, Precious, Trouble the Water and Napoleon Dynamite and, through its New Frontier initiative, has brought the cinematic works of media artists including Isaac Julian, Doug Aitken, Pierre Huyghe, Jennifer Steinkamp and Matthew Barney. www.sundance.org/festival.
Southwest Airlines/Gowalla Instant Win Game Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PLAY OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA EXCLUDING ALASKA, FLORIDA, HAWAII, NEW YORK AND RHODE ISLAND WHO ARE OF LEGAL AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR JURISDICTION OF RESIDENCE (AND AT LEAST 21) AS OF DATE OF ENTRY. YOU MUST HAVE A GOWALLA ACCOUNT TO PARTICIPATE
1. HOW TO PARTICIPATE: Beginning at 12:00 p.m. Central Time ("CT") on 12/8/10 through 2:59:59 p.m. CT on 12/31/10 ("Promotion Period"), using a portable electronic device (iPad, iPhone, Droid, Blackberry, Palm, etc.), log-in to your Gowalla account. Click the "check-in" button while at a participating Southwest Airlines location and either a virtual technology based Southwest Airlines branded item ("Item") may be received which can be added to the User's Gowalla Passport or you may be notified that you are an Instant Prize winner. If you are an Instant Prize winner (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules), you will instantly receive a message saying "Congratulations!" with instructions on how to claim your prize. NOTE: If you do not have a Gowalla account, you may sign-up for a free account at www.gowalla.com. In order to participate, you must be a wireless service subscriber with a Gowalla account.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Contest open to all legal US residents, 21 years and older as of November 12, 2010. Employees of Southwest Airlines Co. Gowalla, the Sundance Film Festival, and their advertising and promotions agencies, and their immediate families (spouse and parents, children and siblings and their spouses) and individuals living in the same households of such employees are ineligible. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Contest subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. By participating, entrants agree to these official rules and accept decisions of the Sponsor as final. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law. The promotion is offered in the United States only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law. Do not proceed in this site if you are not located in the United States.
3. INSTANT WIN PRIZES/PRIZE ODDS: Instant Win Prizes and Items are randomly seeded by date and time. A total of twenty (20) Instant Win Prizes will be awarded during the Promotion Period. For purposes of this Promotion, a "week" is defined as 3:00:00 p.m. CT on Monday through 2:59:59 p.m. CT the following Monday. Odds of winning an Instant Prize or Item will depend on the number of eligible game plays received and corresponding time of the game play. If you are the first to play the game at a randomly determined winning date and time, as determined and verified by Sponsor, or if no one plays at such date and time and you are the first to play immediately after such time, as determined and verified by Sponsor, you will receive a winning message or Item. The quantities, description and ARV of each prize to be awarded in the Instant Win Game hereunder are as follows:
Quantity / Description /ARV's:
Instant Win Prizes: Ten (10) Instant Win prizes will be awarded during the promotion period. Each prize consists of two roundtrip tickets on Southwest Airlines from the closest airport to winner's residence served by Southwest Airlines (subject to Southwest Airlines terms and conditions; certain restrictions may apply) and two tickets to a film screening at the Sundance Film Festival. Each prize is valued at $1,000 (ARV).
4. PRIZE AWARDING: No transfers, cash awards, or prize substitutions are permitted, except by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Prize winners may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and (where legal) Publicity Release within seven (7) days of issuance of notification. Potential Instant Win Prize winners may be notified by email and will be directed to a prize claim form to complete and submit the online prize redemption form. Redemption form must be completed upon request or prize may be forfeited as determined by Sponsor. Incomplete redemption form submissions will not be processed. Failure to timely claim a prize will result in prize forfeiture. Prizes will be fulfilled six (6) to eight (8) weeks after the winner has been verified. All prize awards are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. If any potential winner is ineligible, if prize is returned as undeliverable, or if potential prize winner fails to comply with these Official Rules, they will forfeit the prize. Any unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
5. GENERAL: Participants agree to comply with these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winners, by accepting prizes, consent to the use of their names, cities and states of residence and photographs (including Gowalla profile picture, if applicable) for advertising, promotional and other purposes by Sponsor and its designees, in any and all media now or hereafter devised worldwide without limitation and without additional compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law.
Only the published number of Instant Win Prizes stated in these Official Rules will be awarded. In the event the number of winning messages issued exceeds the number of Instant Win Prizes listed in these Official Rules due to computer, mechanical, typographical, printing, electronic, seeding, or other errors, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a random drawing from among the eligible, non-suspect and valid winning message prize claimants to award the listed number of Instant Win Prizes. All participants agree, as a condition of participation in this Promotion, that Released Parties are not liable for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly in connection with accessing the Promotion, participation in any aspect of this Promotion or the acceptance, possession, and use of any prize awarded.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any person and void game plays and/or prize claims of any person who it believes has tampered with the entry process or any other component of this Promotion, whose conduct or actions affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness or proper conduct of this Promotion, or who is in violation of these Official Rules. Sponsor also reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void suspect game plays, emails or prize claims and/or to modify, cancel or suspend this Promotion (or portion thereof) should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Promotion or for any other reason, as determined by Sponsor and, in the event the Promotion is cancelled, at its discretion, randomly select potential winners for any unclaimed Instant Win Prizes from among all eligible non-suspect, non-winning game plays received prior to event requiring such action. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a participant, game plays and/or prize claims will be deemed to be made by the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the game play. CAUTION: Any attempt to damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys' fees) from such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law. Submission of a Check In constitutes your consent to participate in this Promotion and consent for Sponsor to obtain, use, and transfer your name, address and other details for Promotion administration purposes. Except as noted in these Official Rules, information collected for this Promotion is used only for the purpose of Promotion administration and winner notification, and will not be re-used, sold or shared in any manner by Sponsor or any third parties unless entrant has elected to receive additional information and promotional material from the Sponsor or a third party. Any Check In generated by script, macro or other automated means or with the intent to subvert the game play will be void.
Released Parties are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, garbled, misdirected, delayed, incomplete, inaccurate, incorrect, damaged, illegible, or undelivered game plays, prize redemption forms, prize claims, emails or Promotion data; any error, omission, interruption in service due to system upgrades, repairs, modifications or other causes, defect/delay in transmission or communication; telephonic, human or computer failures, problems or errors; theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Promotion data; technical, electronic, network, computer or mechanical malfunctions, or typographical, printing, seeding or other errors whether caused by equipment, programming, human error or otherwise, relating to/in connection with Promotion, including, without limitation, errors in connection with the administration of the Promotion, Promotion data processing, the announcement of the prizes, game plays, or in any other Promotion-related materials; interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider, cable, satellite or other connections; Internet traffic congestion or any technical problem, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to any person's computer or portable electronic device related to/resulting from Promotion participation; errors or omissions in these Official Rules, in any Promotion-related ads/materials; human-processing error; electronic equipment, computer hardware or software failures; or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by equipment, programming, human error, or otherwise.
6. LIST OF WINNERS: For the names of the winners, available after 12/31/10, send a self-address, stamped envelope for receipt by 1/30/11 to: Southwest Airlines Emerging Media 2702 Love Field Drive, Dallas, TX 75235
7. SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR: The contest is sponsored by Southwest Airlines 2702 Love Field Drive, Dallas, TX 75235
SOURCE Southwest Airlines