Spa Trends Take a Tech Turn and a Fresh Focus
LEXINGTON, Ky., Aug. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- A variety of spas and spa resource partners were on hand at the International SPA Association (ISPA) annual Media Event demonstrating new products and services for members of the press. This year's offerings covered a wide range of spa services, including product demonstrations and innovative solutions, facials and wraps, massages and scrubs, and therapies and other treatments.
"These ISPA members are showcasing the innovative treatments of the spa industry, allowing us to see a technology focus and a fresh, local ingredient approach to spa treatments," ISPA President Lynne McNees said. "Statistics released at the event by PriceWaterhouseCoopers show that the spa industry is now a 14 billion dollar industry, and showing steady growth which is encouraging news for our members."
As the farm to table movement grows around the world, spas are harvesting this idea and incorporating local, fresh ingredients into their spa treatments, allowing the guest to reap the same benefits as they would by integrating these ingredients into their diet.
- Miraval Resort & Spa offered a cooking demonstration of spa fare, incorporating local, fresh ingredients, allowing guests the taste of the wholesome foods one would taste at Miraval.
- The Spa at Regent Palms maintained its connection to the beautiful Caribbean by offering an Organic Seaweed Wrap, detoxifying through this natural source.
- Aspira The Spa offered the Linden Flower Trilogy, a series of treatments that incorporate flowers, relishing on the flowers that are used frequently throughout their property.
- The Umstead Hotel and Spa treated guests to the Cherry Blossom Ritual Whole Arm Massage, incorporating the infamous cherry blossom that blooms throughout that region in which they are located.
- Hilton French Polynesia served a taste of the French Polynesia area with vanilla flavored desserts.
Several spas and companies have connected with the technological and innovative solutions that are taking the world by storm. Whether it is for a "wow" factor or is an advancement that contributes to the spa industry, these companies showcased the ground-breaking ideas that are making waves in the spa world.
- Matrix Fitness demonstrated its Innovate 7xi Cardio Equipment App Interface for fitness equipment, which integrates your exercise activity with your social media applications.
- Travaasa Experiential Resorts featured their Blender Bike, allowing the participant to work for their supper, creating a smoothie from the energy exerted in the workout.
- ResortSuite offered appointment booking software to the media and spas that allowed treatments to be booked prior to the event, highlighting the fact that appointment booking has gone digital.
- BABOR Beauty Spas showcased their innovative skin care products, highlighting to the guests the importance of proper skin care.
- Bellus Academy, a world renowned education center, offered mini treatments at the event, allowing current students of the school the opportunity to get a glimpse at the nature of the spa industry.
As the farm to spa movement gets back to the roots of nature, spas continue to stand firm in their tradition with solid, results oriented treatments. These treatments, without any unique twists, provide spa-goers the attention to the desired area with a focus on results.
- HydroPeptide and Four Seasons Maui teamed up to bring the media a HydroPeptide Ultimate Anti-Aging Facial, a variety of specific peptides applied at their active levels, delivered repeatedly to targeted areas in the skin for maximum results in addressing specific skin care concerns.
- Mandarin Oriental offered its Signature Spa Therapy, devised to address guests' increasing desire for simple, effective and authentic spa experiences.
- Massage Envy demonstrated its popular Sugar Foot Scrub, a naturally soothing, hydrating and refreshing therapy that uses sugar instead of salt, which dehydrates the skin.
- Grand Velas Riviera Maya showcased the Mayan Royal Massage, a head-to-toe massage that aids in posture alignment and energy channel liberation.
- Omni Hotels & Resorts featured the Centennial Stone Treatment and Mineral Mud Therapy Hand Treatment, a duo of services to relax and rejuvenate the whole body.
- Kohler Waters Spa, known for its innovative water services, highlighted its Warm/Cool Hand Treatment used to promote circulation in the hand and arms.
- Awaken Whole Life Center demonstrated its Chakra Balance Therapy, one of its signature body and spirit therapy services that allow the spa-goer to calm their nervous system and gain deep relaxation.
About the International SPA Association:
ISPA is recognized worldwide as the leading professional organization and voice of the spa industry. Founded in 1991, ISPA advances the spa industry by providing invaluable educational and networking opportunities, promoting the value of the spa experience and speaking as the authoritative voice to foster professionalism and growth. More details on ISPA are available on experienceispa.com.
SOURCE International SPA Association
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.