MIAMI, Nov. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- In response to the widespread devastation caused by Hurricane Sandy, Spanish Broadcasting System, Inc. (SBS) (Nasdaq: SBSA) including its 22 major market radio stations and its national television network, MegaTV, and AmeriCares will air a live benefit radio/telethon starting Wednesday November 7th, 2012 at 6 a.m. (ET/PT/CT). The three day-long radio/telethon will target the collection of food stuff, clothing, medicine and household goods for distribution to the victims of Hurricane Sandy.
The radio/telethon "Hispanos Unidos" (Hispanics United) will be broadcast from local SBS studios in the major cities of New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Puerto Rico, Houston and Miami. It will air live nationally.
"Hispanics United" (Hispanos Unidos) for Hurricane Relief will air on Wednesday, November 7th, 2012 through Friday, November 9th, 2012 on all SBS radio stations and MegaTV (DirecTV channel 405).The entire broadcast will also be streamed live on www.lamusica.com.
"As we learned about the dire conditions in our neighborhoods, SBS decided to coordinate this multimedia effort in order to provide affected residents with food, water and relief supplies," said Mr. Raul Alarcon, President and CEO of Spanish Broadcasting System, Inc. "This is a challenging time for everyone who has been affected by the storm and we want everyone to know that we are doing everything possible to get help to them as quickly as possible."
Celebrities, Politicians and Athletes along with supporters of the relief effort, will appeal for contributions to the "Hispanics United" (Hispanos Unidos) Relief, formed by the SBS-MegaTV family to provide aid and assistance to those affected in New York, New Jersey and other East Coast regions affected by the natural disaster.
Albert Rodriguez, COO of SBS stated, "We encourage our listeners and viewers in the United States to help out with food, supplies and support for the thousands of people affected by Superstorm Sandy."
SBS Radio and MegaTV will collect donations for the victims of Hurricane Sandy at all of its local station facilities throughout the United States starting this Wednesday November 7th at 6 a.m.(ET/PT/CT). The drop off locations follows:
- SBS New York 26 West 56th Street New York, NY, 10019 (212) 541-9200 The SBS New York office is the centralized drop off location. The promotions team from Mega 97.9FM and 93.1FM La Variedad de NY, will be available in front of the facilities from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday to collect any donations. The SBS New York street team will be present on the following locations on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday: WEDNESDAY: 7AM – 6PM WESTERN BEEF - 4705 METROPOLITIAN AVE, RIDGEWOOD, NY (QUEENS) 7AM – 6PM WESTERN BEEF - 2040 FOREST AVE, STATEN ISLAND, NY (STATEN ISLAND) THURSDAY: 7AM – 6PM TWIN CITY SUPERMARKET - 611 BROADWAY, NEWARK, NJ 07104 7AM – 6PM TWIN CITY SUPERMARKET - 216 SIP AVE JERSEY CITY, NJ 07306 FRIDAY: 5PM – 11PM CIRCO HERMANOS VAZQUEZ – CITIFIELD, FLUSHING, NY (QUEENS) SATURDAY: 7AM – 6PM WESTERN BEEF - 1041 PROSPECT AVE, BX, NY (BRONX) 7AM – 6PM WESTERN BEEF - 4444 COLLEGE POINT BLVD, FLUSHING, NY (QUEENS) 7AM – 6PM MAJOR WORLD - 43-40 NORTHERN BLVD LONG ISLAND CITY, NY (QUEENS) SUNDAY: 7AM – 6PM TWIN CITY SUPERMARKET – 1016 SHERMAN AVE, ELIZABETH, NJ. 7AM – 6PM MAJOR WORLD - 43-40 NORTHERN BLVD LONG ISLAND CITY, NY (QUEENS)
- SBS Miami- Pablo Raul Alarcon Broadcast Center- Headquarters 7007 NW. 77Th Avenue Miami, FL. 33166 (786) 394-9200 The SBS Broadcast Center in Miami is the centralized drop off location. The promotions team will be available in front of the facilities from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday to collect any donations. The SBS Miami street team will be present on the following Sedanos locations on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday: MIAMI GARDENS #36 - 18600 NW 87TH AVE., MIAMI FL 33015 WESTCHESTER #38 - 8601 BIRD ROAD, MIAMI FL 33155 WEST DADE #32 - 14655 SW 56TH STREET, MIAMI FL 33175 WEST KENDALL #21 - 13794 S.W. 152ND STREET, WEST KENDALL FL 33177 LITTLE HAVANA #23 - 2425 S.W. 8TH STREET, MIAMI FL 33126 HOMESTEAD #31 - 831 NE 8TH STREET, HOMESTEAD FL 33030 DORAL #33 - 10780 NW 58TH STREET, MIAMI FL 33178 PEMBROKE PINES #27 - 10333 PINES BOULEVARD, PEMBROKE PINES FL 33025
- SBS Los Angeles 10281 W. Pico Blvd. Los Angeles, CA. 90064 (310) 203-0900 The SBS Los Angeles office is the centralized drop off location. The promotions team will be available in front of the facilities from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday to collect any donations. The SBS Los Angeles street team will be present on the following locations on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday: PLAZA MEXICO – 3100 E. IMPERIAL HWY, LYNWOOD, CALIFORNIA 90262 PLAZA LA ALEMEDA – 2140 E. FLORENCE BLVD, WALNUT PARK, CALIFORNIA 90255 BOB WONDRIES FORD – 400 SOUTH ATLANTIC BOULEVARD, ALHAMBRA, CA 91801 JUAN'S RESTAURANT – 4291 MAINE AVENUE, BALDWIN PARK, CA 91706 VALLARTA SUPER MARKET - 10950 SHERMAN WAY, BURBANK, CA 91505 VALLARTA SUPER MARKET - 10147 N. SAN FERNANDO RD, PACOIMA, CA 91331 VALLARTA SUPER MARKET - 2394 WEST LINCOLN AVENUE, ANAHEIM, CA 92801
- SBS San Francisco 1705 N. First Street. San Jose, CA. 95112 (415) 543-9330 The SBS San Francisco office is the centralized drop off location. The promotions team will be available in front of the facilities from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday to collect any donations. The SBS San Francisco street team will be present on the following Chavez Supermarkets locations on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday: WEDNESDAY - CHAVEZ SUPERMARKET – 1157 W. TENNYSON RD., HAYWARD, CA 94544 - TIME: 3PM-5PM THURSDAY - CHAVEZ SUPERMARKET – 2670 MONTEREY RD, SAN JOSE, CA 95111 - TIME: 11:30AM-1:30PM FRIDAY - CHAVEZ SUPERMARKET – 46 5TH AVE., REDWOOD CITY, CA 94063 - TIME: 3PM-5PM
- SBS Chicago Cicero Water Department 1634 S. Laramie Cicero, IL 60804 Building (A) (312) 920-9500 The SBS Chicago office is utilizing Cicero Water Department facilities as the centralized drop off location. The promotions team will be available in front of the facilities from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday to collect any donations. The SBS Chicago street team will be present on the following locations on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday: ISLAS MARIA RESTAURANT - 4770 W. GRAND, CHICAGO, IL 60639 - 8AM-10PM TOLUCA'S RESTAURANT - 1419 W. WASHINGTON, WAUKEGAN, IL 60085 - 10AM-10PM C CLUB - 2445 N. CHURCH RD, AURORA, IL 60502 - 1PM-8PM AZTECA DE ORO - 1013 N. COLLINS ST, JOLIET, IL 60432 - 12PM-7PM COPA CABANA - 3002 WEST 26TH STREET, CHICAGO, IL DELTRON - 1937 N. MUNICIPAL WAY, ROUNDLAKE BEACH, IL 60073 - 8AM-8PM
- SBS Puerto Rico Amelia Industrial Park Calle Frances # 42 Guaynabo, PR. 00970 (787) 622-9700 In Puerto Rico we recommend that all donations are monetary donations, to make a donation please call (1800) 806-2760. For donations by text, please send a text with the word "LIVE" to 25385. Also in Puerto Rico, donations could be made by visiting www.lamusica.com, www.mega.tv or by visiting the local sites for SBS Puerto Rico radio stations.
- MegaTV KTBU-Channel 55 Houston 7026 Old Katy Road Suite # 254 Houston, TX. 77024 (713) 351-0755 In Houston, Texas we recommend that all donations are monetary donations, to make a donation please call (1800) 806-2760. For donations by text, please send a text with the word "LIVE" to 25385. Also in Houston, Texas, donations could be made by visiting www.lamusica.com, www.mega.tv or by visiting the local sites for SBS Puerto Rico radio stations.
In order to reach out to all parties interested in contributing to the fundraising efforts, SBS has enlisted its entire platform of media outlets, locally and nationally. SBS listeners who are interested in supporting the effort should call 1 (800) 806-2760 or visit www.lamusica.com, www.mega.tv, or the local stations' websites to make donations. Donations will also be accepted at the office locations listed above or by text, sending a "Text to Give" with the word "LIVE" to 25385.
The SBS-MegaTV staff will be providing food and water at fixed sites, and driving through neighborhoods to distribute meals and supplies. The collected goods will be delivered to affected areas in trailers filled with relief supplies such as personal hygiene items, cleaning supplies, rakes, shovels, tarps, dust masks and work gloves. The relief supplies will be distributed the weekend of Saturday, November 10, 2012 and Sunday, November 11, 2012 throughout New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Connecticut. With millions still without power and cold temperatures forecasted for much of the mid-Atlantic, the SBS-MegaTV stations are also distributing approximately 80,000 blankets throughout New Jersey and New York.
"Hispanics United" (Hispanos Unidos) is an initiative to provide assistance to those affected after one of the worst natural disasters in United States history. SBS-MegaTV urges you to participate in this radio/telethon "Hispanos Unidos" (Hispanics United)", united we are a force.
About Spanish Broadcasting System, Inc. Spanish Broadcasting System, Inc. is the largest publicly traded Hispanic-controlled media and entertainment company in the United States. SBS owns and/or operates 21 radio stations located in the top U.S. Hispanic markets of New York, Los Angeles, Miami, Chicago, San Francisco and Puerto Rico, airing the Tropical, Mexican Regional, Spanish Adult Contemporary and Urban format genres. SBS has 3 of the top 6 Spanish-language stations in the nation including the #1 Spanish station in America, WSKQ-FM in New York City (WPAT is ranked #3 and KLAX is ranked #6). The Company also owns and operates MegaTV, a television operation with over-the-air, cable and satellite distribution and affiliates throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. SBS also produces live concerts and events throughout the country and operates LaMusica.com, a bilingual Spanish-English online site providing content related to Latin music, entertainment, news and culture. The Company's corporate Web site can be accessed at www.spanishbroadcasting.com.
About AmeriCares AmeriCares is a nonprofit global health and disaster relief organization that delivers medicines, medical supplies and aid to people in need around the world and across the United States. Since it was established in 1982, AmeriCares has distributed more than $10 billion in humanitarian aid to 164 countries. For more information, visit americares.org
Media & Press Contact:
Vladimir Gomez, Spanish Broadcasting System, Inc., Director, Marketing and Communications (305) 644-4817, email@example.com
Donna Porstner, AmeriCares (203) 658-9579, firstname.lastname@example.org
Leslie Gianelli, AmeriCares (203) 658-9692, email@example.com
SOURCE Spanish Broadcasting System, Inc.