AUSTIN, Texas, April 12, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Austin-based SpareFoot has joined more than 2,600 worksites across Texas by becoming an official Texas Mother-Friendly Worksite. Mother-Friendly employers proactively support employees who choose to breastfeed their infants by providing time, space, and other supports to maintain breastfeeding after returning to work. Photos of SpareFoot's Mother's Room are available here.
Of the total designations across the state, only about 6% are Silver, and only about 3% of Austin designations are at the Silver level. There are 529 businesses in Austin with a Mother-Friendly Worksite Designation, making up 20% of the total designations across the state –– and 17 of those are Silver.
SpareFoot met the Silver requirements by offering:
- Offering Part-time work or working some hours from home as well as individualized scheduling of work hours
- Payment for milk expression breaks
- Creating a private room with a locking door for use only by employees who are breastfeeding
- Providing a sink for washing hands and rinsing equipment and a refrigerator for the storage of breast milk
- Distribution of the lactation policy to all employees and supervisors within six months of employment and at least annually thereafter
- Making available a lending library of breastfeeding information, contact information for local lactation consultants and other resources and an online forum for mother-to-mother support among employees
"We know that juggling work and caring for an infant can be tough, and we want to support our new mothers and their families in meeting their breastfeeding goals," said Chuck Gordon, CEO and co-founder of SpareFoot.com. "We are extremely pleased to be part of the Texas Mother-Friendly Worksite program."
SpareFoot's parental leave policy includes up to 12 weeks of fully paid maternity leave. The company also delivers a daily meal, prepared by the company's in-house chef for one week after delivery or adoption. In addition, anyone who has a baby or adopts a child will receive one month of free laundry service.
Administered by the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS), the Texas Mother-Friendly Worksite Program recognizes employers with written policies reflecting their support for their breastfeeding employees.
SpareFoot.com is the largest marketplace for storage, making it easier to move and store your stuff. Our website lets you find and compare the best storage deals near you, and instantly rent online or by phone for free.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sparefoot-among-3-of-austin-companies-with-silver-level-mother-friendly-worksite-designation-300438388.html