NEW YORK, Sept. 16, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The National Association for Multi-ethnicity In Communications (NAMIC) today announced the speaker line-up for the 30th Annual NAMIC Conference. Held as part of Diversity Week, the 30th Annual NAMIC Conference is scheduled for September 20-21, 2016 at the New York Marriott Marquis in New York City.
This year's NAMIC Conference will commence on Tuesday, September 20 with an Opening General Session keynote address delivered by Reggie Love, former special assistant to President Barack Obama. Love, a 34 year old Millennial, left government after four and a half years of observing leadership on the world stage to attend Wharton Business School where he received an MBA. Presently, Love serves as vice president and partner at RON Transatlantic Advisors, a diversified holding company. Offering timely lessons on crisis management, collaboration and leadership in the 21st century, Love will discuss "White House Lessons" learned while assisting the President.
Award-winning journalist, Elizabeth Vargas, co-anchor of ABC News "20/20" will be the special guest speaker for the 2016 L. Patrick Mellon Mentorship Program Luncheon. The L. Patrick Mellon Mentorship Program Luncheon is presented in partnership by NAMIC, Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) and the Walter Kaitz Foundation. The luncheon will take place Tuesday, September 20 from 1:00 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. ET. Vargas has traveled the world covering breaking news stories, reporting in-depth investigations and conducting newsmaker interviews. Vargas will discuss her compelling career, the role that mentors have played in her success, her battle with alcohol, her road to recovery and her new book, Between Breaths: A Memoir of Panic and Addiction. The L. Patrick Mellon Mentorship Program was established in 1993 with the goal of aiding NAMIC members by matching them with mentors to assist them with their professional advancement strategies.
As part of the 30th Annual NAMIC Conference, the Excellence in Multicultural Marketing Awards (EMMA) will be presented on Wednesday, September 21 from 11:45 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Recognizing the media and entertainment industry's commitment to implementing best practices, the EMMAs highlight creative, strategic and innovative multicultural marketing approaches. Music industry icon, Michael Bivins of New Edition and Bell Biv Devoe will be the special guest speaker at this year's Excellence in Multicultural Marketing Awards. Selling more than 20 million records worldwide as a member of New Edition and Bell Biv Devoe, Bivins will discuss his award-winning music career and BET Network's upcoming New Edition biopic mini-series.
Commented Eglon E. Simons, NAMIC's president and CEO: "NAMIC is honored to present such a distinguished line-up of speakers and session facilitators. Our sincere thanks is extended to this year's planning committee co-chairs and all of the sponsors that have provided support for this milestone 30th anniversary conference."
An impressive roster of speakers will facilitate a conference agenda programmed to align with three educational tracks: Business Solutions, Leading and Learning, and Content and Imagery.
Additional speakers confirmed for the 30th Annual NAMIC Conference include:
- Dr. Ella Bell, Founder, ASCENT-Leading Multicultural Women to the Top and Associate Professor, Business Administration, Tuck School of Business, Dartmouth College
- Ray Bradford, Director of Programs, Entertainment Media, GLAAD
- Rudy N. Brioché, VP, Global Public Policy, Comcast Corp
- Rose Choi, Media Consultant & Account Manager, LinkedIn
- Rosalind Clay Carter, Executive Coach and Human Resources Consultant
- Andrew Cleland, Managing Director at Comcast Ventures
- Sean Cohan, President, International and Digital Media, A+E Networks
- David Crawford, VP, Talent Acquisition, New York-Presbyterian Hospital
- Susan Jin Davis, SVP, Operations & Compliance, Comcast Cable
- Monica Diaz, VP, Diversity, Inclusion & Wellness, ESPN
- Anthony Escobar, Executive Director WNET New York Public Media, Development
- Deborah S. Esquenazi, Director, SOUTHWEST OF SALEM
- Tamara Franklin, EVP, Digital, Scripps Networks Interactive
- Darrel Hegar, Regional VP, Field Operations – Carolinas Region, Charter Communications
- Tony Harris, Investigation Discovery Correspondent, HATE IN AMERICA
- Zenita Henderson, Director, Marketing Operations and Business Development, SCTE/ISBE
- Darnell Hunt, PHD, Director of UCLA's Ralph J. Bunche Center for African American Studies
- Jane Hyun, President/Founder, Hyun & Associates Leadership Strategy
- Gary Ireland, Principal, Law Offices of Gary E. Ireland
- David Jackson, Partner, Mercer Talent
- Carole Kirschner, Author, Creator & Teacher
- Dee Dee Kramer, President, DeeDee Kramer & Associates, Inc.
- Scott Levine, SVP, Product & Technology, Distribution, Univision Communications Inc.
- Rafael Marcus, Talent Brand and Acquisition Consultant, LinkedIn
- Roland Martin, Host & Managing Editor, News One Now, TV One
- Waldo McMillan, VP, Legislative Affairs, Charter Communications
- Cheryl Middleton Jones, SVP, Human Resources at Scripps Networks Interactive
- Damon Phillips, VP, Digital Direct to Consumer Services at ESPN
- Duncan Potter, SVP, Global Marketing at ARRIS
- Atul Prasher, founder and CEO of SAVA360
- Michelle L. Rice, EVP, Content Distribution & Marketing, TV One
- Michael Smith, SVP/GM, Cooking Channel
- Madhu Goel Southworth, SVP, Legal & Business Affairs, AMC Networks
- Liz Strom, Transformational Coach, Creative Calm Solutions
- Sam Tabet, Producer, SOUTHWEST OF SALEM
- Aarti Tandon, Tandon Law
- Adriana Waterson, VP, Marketing & Business Development, Horowitz Research
- Sola Winley, EVP, Corporate Strategy & Planning, A+E Networks
- Karen Wishart, President & CEO, Curzon Staffing
- Fredricka Whitfield, Anchor, CNN
The 30th Annual NAMIC Conference Planning Committee Co-Chairs include James L. Anderson, SVP Communications, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., Mark Kang, SVP, Worldwide Distribution, INSP and Ebonne Ruffins, VP, Local Media Development, Comcast Corporation. Sponsors include AMC Networks, ARRIS, Charter, Comcast NBCUniversal, Cox, Fox Audience Strategy, INSP, Maple Diversity Communications, NCTA, REVOLT, Scripps, Turner and TV One.
For more information on the 30th Annual NAMIC Conference or for sponsorship inquiries and tickets/table purchases,visit namic.com/events or contact Sandra Girado, vice president, Events and Partner Relations at NAMIC National, 212-594-5985 or via email at email@example.com.
NAMIC (National Association for Multi-ethnicity in Communications) is the premier organization focusing on multi-ethnic diversity in the communications industry. Founded in 1980 as a non-profit trade association, today NAMIC comprises 2,800 professionals belonging to a network of 16 chapters nationwide. Through initiatives that focus on education, advocacy and empowerment, NAMIC champions equity and inclusion in the workforce, with special attention given to ensuring that the leadership cadres of our nation's communications industry giants reflect the multi-ethnic richness of the populations they serve. Charter, Comcast | NBCUniversal and Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. are NAMIC's Platinum Annual Corporate Sponsors. For more information, please visit www.namic.com and stay connected to NAMIC on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/speaker-line-up-announced-for-the-30th-annual-namic-conference-scheduled-for-september-20-21-2016-as-part-of-diversity-week-300329703.html