CHICAGO, Sept. 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The lineup for the sixth annual Chicago Ideas Week (CIW), one of the largest, most affordable ideas festivals in the world from October 17-23, has officially been released with member tickets on sale now at ChicagoIdeas.com. The program will feature more than 150 events on topics ranging from refugees to comedy to policing.
"Every year we strive to provide stimulating programs with world-renowned speakers while fulfilling our mission of crossing industry and social boundaries to spark ideas into action," Chicago Ideas Founder & Co-Chairman Brad Keywell said. "This year, we continue to discuss timely topics and pressing issues to inspire attendees to think beyond the sessions—about the action each individual can take after the events to make their world better."
More than 30,000 attendees from Chicago, the Midwest and across the world are expected to attend and can anticipate diverse hands-on demonstrations, neighborhood tours, live music and more from some of the world's most accomplished individuals, such as entertainment executive Ariel Emanuel with a to-be-announced special guest, ABC News Chief Legal Affairs Anchor Dan Abrams and Founding President and CEO of Voto Latino Maria Teresa Kumar.
Curated programs include:
- Life's Big Questions: Abby Wambach, two-time Olympic gold winner and FIFA Women's World Cup champion in conversation with President and CEO of New America Foundation Anne-Marie Slaughter about women's equality; and Founder and CEO of Define America Jose Antonio Vargas on what it means to be an American;
- Entrepreneurship—Turning Points: Industry trailblazers discuss the events that transformed them. Speakers include Bethenny Frankel, founder and CEO of Skinnygirl; and global entrepreneur and investor Sam Zell;
- Leadership—How Today's Leaders Make Critical Choices: Robert Rubin, co-chairman of the Council on Foreign Relations and former U.S. Secretary of the Treasury; and former Nigerian Federal Minister of Education Obiageli Ezekwesili on co-founding Transparency International and why the #BringBackOurGirls campaign is so important;
- Humanity and Technology—What's at Stake?: Megan Smith, chief technology officer of the United States on government's role in harnessing innovation on behalf of the American people;
- Creativity at Work: Linda Cohn, ESPN sports anchor and a pioneer for women sportscasters; Lucianne Walkowicz, astronomer at the Adler Planetarium searching for life in the universe; and Tinker Hatfield, legendary Nike athletic shoe designer;
- Unlocking Genius—The Dynamics Behind the World's Greatest Minds: Producer Brian Grazer and Annette Gordon-Reed, Pulitzer Prize-winning author and renowned Thomas Jefferson researcher;
- Future of National Security: Former Deputy Director of the CIA Michael Morell and former Joints Chiefs of Staff Mike Mullen discuss today's top national security threats with CEO of the Woodrow Wilson Center Jane Harman.
General admission tickets will be available starting September 19, with most tickets offered at only $15. Stage events will be hosted at the Cadillac Palace Theatre, Museum of Contemporary Art in Chicago and Morningstar, with hands-on Lab events hosted at dozens of venues throughout the city.
CIW is generously supported by Cornerstone Partners Keywell Foundation, Allstate, Ernst & Young LLP, Chicago Community Trust, U.S. Trust, Hyatt Gold Passport and Comcast NBC Universal; Official Integrated Marketing Partner Starcom Mediavest Group; Official Creative Partner Leo Burnett; Official Communications Partner Edelman; Platinum Partners Caterpillar, Table XI and Sterling Partners; Gold Partners ConAgra Foods and the Lefkofsky Family Foundation; Contributing Partners Susan Crown Exchange, Allstate Foundation, CBRE, Bartlit Beck Herman Palenchar & Scott LLP, Bluhm/Helfand Social Innovation Fellowship, CDW, Abbvie, Gogo, Boeing, Accenture, Ink Factory, MillerCoors; and Silver Partners Innerworkings, Lyft, ArcelorMittal, CareerBuilder, DLA Piper, Horizon Pharma, Shedd Aquarium, Sylvan Laureate Foundation, Winston & Strawn LLP, Four Seasons Hotel Chicago and Vibes.
Media Partners at Chicago Ideas Week include The Chicago Tribune, RedEye, Crain's Chicago Business, Michigan Avenue Magazine/Green Gale Publishing, Univision, WBEZ, iHeart Radio, Clear Channel Airports / Clear Channel Outdoor, Fast Company, Time Out Chicago and Captivate.
The full list of speakers and events is available at ChicagoIdeas.com. Join the conversation online by using #ChicagoIdeas, and follow @ChicagoIdeas on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for more information.
Chicago Ideas is a year-round platform and solution-oriented Community of Curiosity that seeks to spark action in the world. Chicago Ideas is the host of Chicago Ideas Week (CIW), the largest ideas festival in the world designed for a wide audience from October 17-23 that connects attendees to globally recognized speakers. It is a space for innovators, thinkers, doers and interested citizens from across Chicago, the greater Midwest and the world. Finalists from the Bluhm/Helfand Social Innovation fellows program will also participate in CIW in addition to 500 Chicago high school students from at-risk communities as part of the CIW YOU(th) program. Chicago Ideas is a 501(c)(3) organization. Follow Chicago Ideas on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram for updates and learn more about becoming a member at Chicagoideas.com/membership.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/speaker-lineup-announced-for-chicago-ideas-week-from-october-17-23-300324540.html
SOURCE Chicago Ideas