BETHESDA, Md., July 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Fourth of July season will boast over 15,000 fireworks displays nationwide from small towns to big city extravaganzas. Five of the biggest "must see" fireworks displays include:
- New York City, NY, Macy's 4th of July Spectacular, July 4: The "Granddaddy of them all" display will be held on the East River and feature the Brooklyn Bridge as a stage, along with three (3) barges. Pyro Spectaculars by Souza will showcase more than 54,000 fireworks and special effects in a high-definition, multidimensional, pyro-kinetic experience.
- Nashville, TN, Music City's July 4th "Let Freedom Sing", July 4: Choreographed to music played by the Nashville Symphony Orchestra, will run 27 minutes, making it the longest fireworks display in Nashville's history. Pyro Shows of Tennessee will light up the skies with over 30,000 fireworks and special effects, carefully scripted with the live symphony. The display will be fired from LP Field, setting the stage for Nashville's most spectacular fireworks show to-date, and the largest display in the South.
- Las Vegas, NV, July 4: Experience an Independence Day evening extravaganza with awe-inspiring fireworks at six locations displayed by Fireworks By Grucci, from the Stratosphere, Caesars Palace, Red Rock Casino, Green Valley Ranch and the LINQ (Las Vegas' newest attraction). More than 30,000 aerial shells, comet, mines and close proximity effects will be displayed. The spectacular evening performance in Las Vegas will be choreographed to a colorful mix of both contemporary and traditional patriotic music, set to illuminate the sky in red, white and blue.
- Boston, MA, Boston Pops 4th of July, July 4: With five launch positions including the Mass Avenue Bridge and the Hatch Shell, over 12,000 fireworks and special effects will be discharged in a 21-minute display presented by Atlas PyroVision Productions, beautifully choreographed to live music by the Boston Pops symphony.
- San Diego, CA, "Big Bay Boom", July 4: This stunning Independence Day show fired by Pyro Spectaculars by Souza will feature four barges firing over 10,000 fireworks and special effects choreographed as a sky concert to salute the 200th anniversary of the Star Spangled Banner with a special tribute to our Armed Forces in one of America's finest cities and home port to many of our proud men and women serving our country to preserve our freedom.
In addition to these five mega displays, we have selected seven additional unique "must see" fireworks events that will light up the skies this Independence Day that you won't want to miss!
Addison, TX, Kaboom Town, July 3: They say everything is bigger and better in Texas, and never is that more true than when Texas hosts its legendary Addison Kaboom Town! The Independence Day celebration features a world class fireworks display by Pyro Shows of Texas, where a half million revelers join in the celebration, viewing the dazzling show from every square inch of this dynamic urban community and beyond. For a small town, this celebration attracts a half million guests from across the country for great food, live music and sensational fireworks.
Branson, MO, Branson Landing's 7th Annual "Liberty Light Up" Concert & Fireworks, July 3: America's Independence arrives early in Branson, especially at Branson Landing – Branson's premier shopping, dining and entertainment destination located in Historic Downtown Branson. Lake Taneycomo is the ideal venue for the community and visitors to "Light Up" the Independence Day celebration by enjoying a fantastic outdoor concert and extraordinary fireworks presented by Gateway Fireworks Displays. Surrounded by the Landing's signature fountains, this one-of-a-kind choreographed spectacle will culminate with an awe inspiring signature grand finale.
Houston, TX, Southwest Airlines Freedom Over Texas, July 4: Fireworks will ignite the sky, and country tunes will set the stage for Houston's signature annual patriotic celebration at the newly renovated Eleanor Tinsley Park. Downtown Houston will be bedazzled by the artistry of Pyrotecnico, who will showcase some of the best fireworks products from around the globe in this multi-firing site venue. Spectators will ooh and ahh over the candy in the sky.
Philadelphia, PA, Philly 4th of July Jam & Fireworks, July 4: The finale to WAWA Welcome America's week long celebration will culminate with the largest free concert in America followed by an amazing fireworks display over the Philadelphia Museum of Art presented by Pyrotecnico.
Prescott, AZ, July 4: The small town of Prescott deserves a party that won't be forgotten and thanks to Destination America's Red, White and You contest, the town will have one heck of a 4th of July celebration and be able to honor the 19 fallen firefighters and their families. Prescott will host a family friendly, fun filled day at the Sports Complex and will cap off the evening with a signature fireworks display presented by Fireworks of Arizona.
South Lake Tahoe, NV, "Lights on the Lake," July 4: Independence Day is always special on South Lake Tahoe where Pyro Spectaculars by Souza will paint the sky with mesmerizing fireworks and special effects beautifully choreographed and precisely synchronized to music. Tourists have joined the locals for years to enjoy this most breathtaking visual experience, nestled amid the peaks of the Sierra Nevada.
Washington, DC, "A Capitol Fourth," July 4: The skies over the Nation's Capital will be graced with an intense fireworks presentation by Garden State Fireworks. America's favorite Independence Day celebration boasts vivid colors and mega power. The fireworks are launched along both sides of the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool creating an overwhelming barrage of fireworks in the sky over a concentrated area so spectators not only enjoy the beauty of the fireworks but also their reflection on the surrounding monuments.
About the American Pyrotechnics Association
The APA is the leading trade association of the fireworks industry. The APA supports and promotes safety standards for all aspects of fireworks. The APA has a diverse membership including regulated and licensed manufacturers, importers, distributors, wholesalers, retailers, and professional display companies. Additional information about the fireworks industry, facts & figures, history of fireworks, state laws and safety tips, can be found on APA's website at www.americanpyro.com
Julie L. Heckman, Executive Director
American Pyrotechnics Association
SOURCE American Pyrotechnics Association