TAICHUNG, Taiwan, Dec. 28, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Siliconware Precision Industries Co., Ltd. (TWSE: 2325, NASDAL: SPIL) (the "Company") convened a board meeting on December 28, 2015. A summary of major resolutions are as below:
1. Approved proposal to temporarily delay the convention of the first Extraordinary General Meeting of 2016.
2. The board has agreed to initiate the evaluation on the ASE's proposal to use a share swap, with cash as consideration, to acquire 100% of SPIL shares if the two conditions are met:
(1) ASE immediately ceases its second hostile tender offer
(2) Both parties start the negotiation based on mutually agreed foundations.
3. Approved proposal for the Company to set aside approximately NT$1.8 billion for financial asset impairment pursuant to International Accounting Standards 39.
4. Approved proposal for disposition of shares of Unimicron Technology Corporation.
Siliconware Precision Industries Co., Ltd.
No.45, Jieh Show Rd.
Hsinchu Science Park, Hsinchu
Janet Chen, IR Director
Mike Ma, Spokesperson
SOURCE Siliconware Precision Industries Co., Ltd.