Spirit AeroSystems Announces Leadership Changes
WICHITA, Kan., Sept. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Spirit AeroSystems announced today a reorganization to better align its structure to the changing needs of the business. Reporting to President and CEO Jeff Turner, the Spirit Executive Leadership team includes:
- Mike King, Executive Vice President/Chief Operations Officer with responsibility for Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing and Operations Efficiency
- John Pilla, Senior Vice President/General Manager of Propulsion and Wing segments with responsibility for Propulsion, Aftermarket, Spirit Europe and Spirit Malaysia
- David Coleal, Senior Vice President/General Manager of Fuselage with responsibility for Fuselage, North Carolina, and Oklahoma
- Sam Marnick, Senior Vice President/Chief Administration Officer with Quality, Operations Support, Human Resources and Corporate Administration under her purview
- Phil Anderson, Senior Vice President/Chief Financial Officer with Information Technology Systems under his purview
- Jon Lammers, Senior Vice President/Secretary
- David Walker, Senior Vice President/Chief Technology Officer, Business Development and A350
- John Lewelling, Senior Vice President, Strategy
- Buck Buchanan, Senior Vice President, Advanced Projects
Spirit has seen substantial growth in less than a decade. When Spirit was created in 2005, it consisted of 8,600 employees located in two states, designing and building five products for a single customer. Today, the Spirit team is 16,000 strong, working at sites across the globe, delivering products to multiple customers at record production rates.
In making the announcement, Spirit President and CEO Jeff Turner said, "Spirit AeroSystems has grown substantially in both size and complexity since our creation in June 2005. This realignment will allow our leadership to more efficiently and effectively drive results in support of the business."
On the web: www.spiritaero.com
About Spirit AeroSystems, Inc.
Spirit AeroSystems, with headquarters in Wichita, Kan., USA, is one of the world's largest non-OEM designers and manufacturers of aerostructures for commercial aircraft. In addition to its Wichita and Chanute facilities in Kansas, Spirit has locations in Tulsa and McAlester, Okla.; Kinston, N.C.; Prestwick, Scotland; Preston, England; Subang, Malaysia; and Saint-Nazaire, France. In the U.S., Spirit's core products include fuselages, pylons, nacelles and wing components. Additionally, Spirit provides aftermarket customer support services, including spare parts, maintenance/repair/overhaul, and fleet support services in North America, Europe and Asia. Spirit Europe produces wing components for a host of customers, including Airbus.
SOURCE Spirit AeroSystems, Inc.
More by this Source
Spirit AeroSystems, Inc. Announces Intention to Refinance Its Senior Secured Credit Facility
Mar 05, 2014, 16:30 ET
Spirit AeroSystems Announces Pricing of Senior Unsecured Notes Offering
Mar 04, 2014, 16:18 ET
Spirit AeroSystems Announces Offering of $300 million of Senior Unsecured Notes
Mar 04, 2014, 09:10 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.