Sport Chalet Provides Tips to Enjoy Memorial Day Weekend on the Water Premier specialty sporting goods retailer recommends activities to get in the red, white and blue spirit
LOS ANGELES, May 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Memorial Day weekend is on the horizon and as the unofficial start of summer, a number of people will hit the road to head to the nearest body of water for some outdoor fun. Whether it be in the ocean, on a lake, in the river or in a backyard pool, to make the most of the holiday weekend, premier specialty sporting goods retailer Sport Chalet offers recommendations on the latest water sports gear to keep the experienced enthusiast and vacationer entertained.
"Memorial Day weekend is a great time to get reacquainted with the outdoors, especially with activities in the water, and at Sport Chalet, we aim to provide our customers with equipment that enhances their outdoor experiences and to stay safe," said Sport Chalet Expert Seton Kidd. "Our lineup of products includes a variety of water sports gear to accommodate a range of interests when it comes to hitting the water."
In true Memorial Day spirit, Kidd provides the latest red, white and blue water sports gear to make memories this Memorial Day:
- Paddle to relax: Take a relaxing cruise on the ocean, river or lake with the BIC Sport Ace Tec Classic SUP, a highly versatile and lightweight stand-up paddleboard that makes it easy to paddleboard on a range of waters.
- Jump the wake: Show that American spirit while popping off the wake with the Liquid Force 2014 Fusion Wakeboard, a stunningly designed red, white and blue board that produces an explosive yet smooth ride.
- Carve up the lake: Hold on tight and ski with the HO Sport Blast Combos Waterskis, which provide a gentle ride over the wakes while maintaining solid tracking with the V-bottom design.
- Glide and ride: Look sharp out on the water and glide with the Emotion Spitfire Kayak. Created with the stability and performance of a smaller kayak, the Emotion Spitfire Kayak has bottom and back padding, as well as cargo net lacing storage space to bring Memorial Day goodies out on the water.
- Stay safe: Whether boating, swimming or participating in water sports, stay safe with the comfortable Hyperlite Men's Indy CGA Vest and stylishly flexible Liquid Force Women's 2014 Heartbreak CGA Vest.
These America-inspired pool toys will bring the fun as well:
- Soak up the sun: Enjoy the sun all day long and float in the pool with the Swimline Americana Series Swim Ring, Swimline Americana Series Pool Mattress or the Swimways Spring Float with flag-inspired style and durable mesh designed for soothing lounging.
- Continue into the night: Memorial celebrations can last into the night with the Swimways Light-Up Americana Beach Ball, a perfect toy for an evening at the pool, backyard or beach that illuminates on impact with red, blue and green lights.
About Sport Chalet
Sport Chalet (Nasdaq: SPCHA, SPCHB) is a premier, full service specialty sporting goods retailer featuring the industry's top sports brands in apparel, footwear, and sports equipment. Founded in 1959 by Norbert Olberz, the company has 51 stores in Arizona, California, Nevada and Utah; an online store at www.sportchalet.com; a Team Sales division; and offers more than 50 specialty services for the sports enthusiast, including online same day delivery, climbing, backcountry skiing, ski mountaineering, avalanche education, and mountain trekking instruction, car rack installation, snowboard and ski rental and repair, Scuba training and certification, Scuba boat charters, team sales, gait analysis, baseball/softball glove steaming and lacing, racquet stringing, and bicycle tune-up and repair at its store locations. For more information, visit Sport Chalet at www.sportchalet.com.
SOURCE Sport Chalet