Sport Chalet Reveals Consumers Still Plan To Set Fitness And Weight Loss Resolutions Retailer Offers Five Training Accessories that Encourage Escaping the Routine in the New Year
LOS ANGELES, Jan. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The New Year presents an opportunity to revisit goals and define resolutions with a clean slate; and according to a recent survey conducted by specialty sporting goods retailer Sport Chalet that polled more than 5,000 consumers, 42 percent of respondents still plan to set a fitness and/or a weight loss goal for their New Year's resolutions.
To help consumers achieve success all year long, the Experts at Sport Chalet are encouraging people to be active and try something new. Whether sparring in the garage, hiking up a local trail, meditating in yoga, or finding one's soul in spin class, Sport Chalet provides five essential training accessories that will help keep consumers moving in 2014.
"The holidays are a great reminder of what's important—family, friends and our health," said Tom Connell, Senior Athletic Buyer at Sport Chalet. "In order to stay healthy (or get healthy) you have to be active, which doesn't mean sticking to a gym-only routine. Something as subtle as trying a new sport not only breeds a sense of accomplishment, but also allows you to push your body to new limits."
Below, Connell provides five tips for training your body to revert the New Year weight loss resolutions into an active lifestyle that's rewarding and fun:
- Boxing isn't just for middle or heavy weight champions. The Century 5-Piece 100# Heavy Bag Combo comes with everything you need, including a heavy bag, speed bag, gloves and a speed rope to get a great full-body workout or release some steam.
- Whether hiking through a trail or WOD training, the GoFit 40lb Weighted Vest will add resistance to any activity and is adjustable in weight with its easy to remove weight packets.
- Can't sit still? The GoFit Pro Stability Ball is a great way to keep muscles active in the comfort of home. The ball also includes a few diagrams for ease of use.
- If working out with a group is more appealing, spin into the New Year with the Giro Sante Road Cycling Shoe. In addition to being stylish and comfortable, these cycling shoes are also compatible with a variety of clips.
- For those of us who need a time out, try a yoga class that encourages meditation. The Black Yoga Mat Pro by Manduka has a non-slip fabric finish that makes for a comfortable and safe practice.
To help ensure your resolutions are on track, Connell also recommends using the Fitbit Flex, an easy-to-use wireless wristband interface that syncs with your favorite devices to monitor your exercise or weight loss goals, calorie count, sleep cycles and help maximize your fitness potential.
About Sport Chalet
Sport Chalet (Nasdaq: SPCHA, SPCHB) is a premier, full service specialty sporting goods retailer featuring the industry's top sports brands in apparel, footwear, and sports equipment. Founded in 1959 by Norbert Olberz, the company has 52 stores in Arizona, California, Nevada and Utah; an online store at www.sportchalet.com; a Team Sales division; and offers more than 50 specialty services for the sports enthusiast, including online same day delivery, climbing, backcountry skiing, ski mountaineering, avalanche education, and mountain trekking instruction, car rack installation, snowboard and ski rental and repair, Scuba training and certification, Scuba boat charters, team sales, gait analysis, baseball/softball glove steaming and lacing, racquet stringing, and bicycle tune-up and repair at its store locations. For more information, visit Sport Chalet at www.sportchalet.com.
SOURCE Sport Chalet