ST. PETERSBURG, Fla., Sept. 16, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- With travel to Cuba becoming easier for Americans, leading travel insurance comparison site Squaremouth reports a significant increase in the number of customers buying policies for travel to Cuba, while the average cost of a trip to Cuba has decreased.
Summer Travel to Cuba Triples
- 222% increase in the number of Squaremouth customers purchasing travel insurance for summer trips to Cuba this year compared to last summer
- 46% more customers have traveled to Cuba so far this year than in all of 2015
Americans Spending Less to Travel to Cuba
- Travelers spent an average of 32% less on their summer trips to Cuba than last summer
- Average trip cost among Squaremouth customers was $3,090 this summer, compared to $4,549 last summer
Travelers Seek Cancellation Coverage for Hurricanes, Terrorism
- 65% of Squaremouth customers traveling to Cuba this year bought travel insurance including cancellation coverage
- 12% of customers traveling to Cuba this summer searched specifically for travel insurance policies with Terrorism coverage, while 19% searched specifically for Hurricane & Weather coverage
"We have already seen more customers travel to Cuba so far this year than in all of 2015," said Squaremouth spokesperson Rachael Taft. "The destination appears to be a more affordable option this year, as customers spent almost a third less on average to visit Cuba this summer than last summer."
Squaremouth is an online company that compares travel insurance products from virtually every major travel insurance provider in the United States. Using Squaremouth's comparison engine and third party customer reviews, travelers can research and compare insurance products side-by-side. More information can be found at www.squaremouth.com.
Available Topic Expert:
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/spotlight-on-cuba-travel-rises-trips-more-affordable-reports-squaremouth-300329500.html