SSH Communications Security Selected as Finalist in Info Security Products Guide's Global Excellence Awards
HELSINKI, Finland and WALTHAM, Mass., Jan. 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- SSH Communications Security, known the world over as the inventor of the ubiquitous secure shell and SFTP protocols and secure shell key management solutions, today announced that it has been selected as a finalist in the Info Security Products Guide Global Excellence Awards in two categories:
- Universal SSH Key Manager for Payment Card Industry (PCI) Compliance and Integrated Security
- CryptoAuditor for Unified Threat Management (UTM)
KEY SSH FACTS:
- Mismanaged Secure Shell authentication keys leave organizations vulnerable to noncompliance fines and the risk of data breach, especially when keys authorizing high levels of administrative privilege are uncontrolled and unmonitored.
- Universal SSH Key Manager is the only comprehensive and highly scalable Secure Shell access control solution available that automates the discovery, management, monitoring, remediation and reporting of Secure Shell authentication keys in the network environment.
- Unmonitored, uncontrolled and unaudited Secure Shell tunnels and privileged access leave organizations vulnerable to data leakage and malicious insider threats.
- SSH's CryptoAuditor solution delivers immediate control and accountability over privileged access users and Secure Shell tunnels, closing security gaps and reducing the risk from advanced external threats.
Sami Ahvenniemi, president of SSH Communications Security, Inc. said:
"While securing human access to sensitive data is at the top of IT executives' priorities today, the automated machine-to-machine (M2M) connections that make up the vast majority of the day-to-day logins and data transfers at many organizations are all-too-often left out in the wild. SSH Communications Security has been at the forefront of delivering solutions that enable full control over and transparency into Secure Shell environments. We are honored to have two of our products be recognized by the Info Security Global Excellence Awards."
About SSH Communications Security
Founded in 1995, SSH Communications Security is the company that invented the SSH protocol - the gold standard protocol for data-in-transit security solutions. Today, over 3,000 customers across the globe - including seven of the Fortune 10 - trust our Security and Access Management Platform to secure the path to their information assets. We enable and enhance business for thousands of customers in multiple industries in the private and public sectors around the world. A fast-growing company, SSH Communications Security operates in the Americas, Europe, and APAC regions, with headquarters located in Helsinki, Finland. The company shares (SSH1V) are quoted on the NASDAQ OMX Helsinki.
For more information on SSH Communications Security please visit http://www.ssh.com
SOURCE SSH Communications Security