SSH Communications Security Wins Gold, Silver in the Info Security Products Guide Global Excellence Awards
HELSINKI, Finland and WALTHAM, Mass., March 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- SSH Communications Security, known the world over as the inventor of the ubiquitous secure shell and SFTP protocols and secure shell key management solutions, today announced that it has been named a winner in the Info Security Products Guide Global Excellence Awards in two categories:
- Gold medalist in the category of Payment Card Industry (PCI) Compliance and Integrated Security for Universal SSH Key Manager
- Silver medalist in the category of Unified Threat Management (UTM) for CryptoAuditor
- Universal SSH Key Manager is the only comprehensive, full life-cycle Secure Shell access control solution available that automates the discovery, management, monitoring, remediation and reporting of Secure Shell authentication keys in the network environment.
- Mismanaged Secure Shell authentication keys leave organizations vulnerable to noncompliance fines and the risk of data breach, especially when keys authorizing high levels of administrative privilege are uncontrolled and unmonitored.
- CryptoAuditor enables organizations to monitor and control SSH, SFTP and RDP connections, closing security gaps and reducing the risk posed by advanced external threats.
- Unmonitored, uncontrolled and unaudited encrypted channels leave organizations vulnerable to data leakage and malicious insider threats.
Sami Ahvenniemi, CEO, Americas, SSH Communications Security, said:
"Access controls and monitoring for machine-to-machine (M2M) communications has lagged far behind that of interactive users. With the dramatic growth in M2M communications over the past few years, this gap has created a security and compliance issue for financial institutions, federal agencies, retailers and enterprises of all types and sizes. Our platform-based approach to encryption, access control and privileged identity management gives security teams unparalleled capabilities for the management of their encrypted networks. We are honored to have our efforts recognized by the Info Security Products Guide Global Excellence Awards."
About SSH Communications Security
Founded in 1995, SSH Communications Security is the company that invented the SSH protocol - the gold standard protocol for data-in-transit security solutions. Today, over 3,000 customers across the globe - including seven of the Fortune 10 - trust our Security and Access Management Platform to secure the path to their information assets. We enable and enhance business for thousands of customers in multiple industries in the private and public sectors around the world. A fast-growing company, SSH Communications Security operates in the Americas, Europe, and APAC regions, with headquarters located in Helsinki, Finland. The company's shares (SSH1V) are quoted on the NASDAQ OMX Helsinki.
For more information on SSH Communications Security please visit http://www.ssh.com
SOURCE SSH Communications Security