St. Anthony's Invites an Interfaith Community to Wrap Up The Holiday Season and Giveaway 5,000 Hand-Made Scarves Received From Individuals All Over the World
Gift Wrapping Event on December 24th, Christmas Day Meal on December 25th
SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 23, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- St. Anthony Foundation wraps up 5,000 hand-knit scarves and trims the fat on 2,000 lbs. of honey glazed ham in preparation for a colorful and caloric feast for the eyes and belly. Clergy and lay people from an interfaith community assemble gift bags – including 5,000 scarves individually knit and sent to St. Anthony's by people all over the Bay Area, country, and world – for guests who eat at St. Anthony's on Christmas Day. Chefs and volunteers scramble to prepare a Christmas feast fit for a king and queen. Entertainers brave the cold to regale guests and volunteers with seasonally sensational tunes. The age-old prayer, "For it is in the giving that we receive," comes to life as guests, volunteers, and donors from all over the Bay Area remind us of the true meaning of the season.
1) It's a Wrap: Friday, December 24th: 10am – 12noon; 109 Golden Gate Avenue
- Clergy and lay people representing Muslim, Christian, Jewish, and Buddhist faith traditions including: Temple Emanuel, Zen Center, Sisters of Mercy, the Franciscan Friars, and Masjid Noor Al-Islam Mosque.
- Wrapping 5,000 hand-knit scarves, notes, and other gifts
- Musical guests entertain diners with piano and Christmas carols
- Temple Beth Shalom serves our traditional Christmas Eve meal of Arroz con Pollo to our daily diners at St. Anthony's.
2) Christmas Day Meal, December 25th: 10am – 2pm; 45 Jones Street
- 4,000+ Guests; 160 Volunteers; Santa Claus & Elves
- Gift giveaway, including hand-made scarves, and a delicious meal offered to San Francisco's most needy residents.
- Chefs arrive at 6am; Volunteers arrive at 8:30am; First meal served at 10am
- St. Anthony chefs prepare 2000 pounds of glazed ham; 1000 pounds sweet potatoes; 50 gallons gravy; 1000 pounds yams; 800 pounds of collard greens, 4000 Hershey Bars; 250 gallons for juice; 4000 dinner rolls
SOURCE St. Anthony Foundation
More by this Source
Breaking Ground On St. Anthony's New Dining Room & Mercy Housing Senior Center
Jan 14, 2013, 16:01 ET
St. Anthony Foundation Announces New Executive Director
Mar 26, 2013, 12:21 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.