LONDON, July 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Webtrends works with Standard Life to use analytics data to create powerful customer segments
Webtrends, the global leader in digital marketing optimisation and relevance through real-time, unified analytics and customer intelligence, today announced that Standard Life has implemented its Analytics 10 solution, Segments and Heatmaps.
The financial sector has undergone considerable changes in recent years, most notably with the implementation of the Retail Distribution Review (which has changed the way people pay for financial advice) and the introduction of automatic enrolment (which will make it easier for millions of more people in the UK to save for their retirement through the workplace). But another significant change is ongoing - the rise of online financial management.
As an insight driven organisation with customers at its core, Standard Life wanted to understand more about the way its customers interact with it online, so it could respond better to their needs. To do this, Standard Life needed to drive its digital insight deeper, improve its visibility of what customers were doing online across 600+ websites and get a better understanding of activities on its mobile app.
Following a full market review, Standard Life selected Webtrends for its Analytics 10 platform and expertise, as well as Segments to access in-depth reporting and actionable insights into its customers. Over the course of two years, the relationship between Standard Life and Webtrends has gone from strength-to-strength as both parties have strived to build and improve Standard Life's digital operation.
Webtrends Analytics solutions were first rolled out in the UK to its 3.8 million customers, and then deployed across further territories including: Standard Life Investments, Ireland, and Canada with plans to roll out to its Asia & Emerging Markets business later this year. Webtrends views, tracks and measures visitor behaviour, painting a clear picture of customer's interaction on its websites or mobile app. The data captured helps the marketing team at Standard Life understand what customers want to read and see - and what they don't - via a user-friendly dashboard. Thanks to the level of details offered by Webtrends, Standard Life's teams can offer a more relevant and more targeted content providing its clients with a better online experience.
In addition to this, Webtrends Segments helps Standard Life to quickly identify the characteristics and behaviours of specific groups of visitors. By exploring the larger visitor population and then narrowing it down with events and attributes to identify a segment, Standard Life is able to focus on specific user profiles, concentrate on certain campaigns and use this to direct advertising spend. The analytical solution chosen by Standard Life helps the company achieve its main customer centred objectives. Its implementation means that decisions and direction are now based on actual customer behaviour, leaving less space for errors and more room for customer satisfaction.
"The power that Analytics 10 can provide, the scalability and ease of use of the platform means we have the capability to answer the questions an online business might ask," said David Scott, Director of Group Platform & Customer Data Strategy , Standard Life.
"What impresses us most about the solutions that Webtrends offer is the openness of the platforms they run on. We have also had great support from their team of experts, which has encouraged us to extend our partnership further, embedding the WebTrends SDK for mobile too.
"The greatest barrier to adoption of digital analytics is a lack of investment and understanding by internal teams. It is not the tools that provide insights, but the people. The businesses that are succeeding in analytics today are those that have invested in extra resource, either through in-house teams or outsourcing to an agency," said Nick Sharp, Vice-President & General Manager EMEA, Webtrends.
"Our Analytics 10 platform is much more than just analytics. It's an all-in-one solution that helps businesses understand its consumers' behaviours. Analytics only works if the brand knows what needs to be achieved - success can't be measured without targets. The experts we have at Webtrends can help internal teams assess their situation and set relevant objectives that answer real business questions. We don't just help you set up, we help design and manage a measurement strategy that can keep up with a business's changing marketing objectives, and customers."
More information on Webtrends Analytics can be found here.
About Standard Life
- Established in 1825, Standard Life is a leading long term savings and investment company, with around six million customers worldwide. It is headquartered in Edinburgh and employs 8,500 people internationally.
- Standard Life offers a range of individual and group pensions, SIPPs, ISAs, annuities, life assurance, offshore bonds, investment management, wealth management, tax planning and estate management services. By understanding and offering innovative products to meet its customers' needs, Standard Life helps people with their financial planning, so they can feel more confident about the future.
- The Standard Life group includes savings and investments businesses, which operate across the UK, Canada, Europe, Asia and Middle East; workplace pensions and benefits businesses in the UK and Canada; Standard Life Investments, a global investment manager, which manages £179bn globally; and its Chinese and Indian Joint Venture businesses. At the end of March 2013 the Group had total assets under administration of over £233bn.
- Standard Life plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange and has approximately 1.5 million individual shareholders in over 50 countries around the world.
- Standard Life plc is also listed in the Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes (DJSI World) in recognition of its performance as one of the world's leading sustainability-driven listed companies.
About Webtrends Inc.
Webtrends power digital marketing success and are at the forefront of real-time digital marketing relevance and customer experience management through unified customer intelligence. Our industry-leading analytics and optimisation solutions, delivered across mobile, social and web enables marketers to optimise campaigns, maximise customer lifetime value and deliver highly relevant digital brand experiences in so much more than just real-time.
Webtrends dramatically improve digital marketing results for more than 3,500 global brands including, Alitalia, Lloyds Banking Group, Lastminute.com, Barclays, HSBC, ASOS, Orange, T-Mobile, Microsoft, BMW, Toyota, Play.com, AllSaints, The Telegraph, and many more.