LONDON, May 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Starch Blended Biodegradable Polymers are formed by combining starch and synthetic polymers.
Currently, starch based polymers represent the second largest category of biodegradable polymers. These polymers are crystalline in nature, reasonably easy to process and may have starch content ranging from 10% to greater than 90%. In recent years, starch-based biodegradable polymers have gained prominence to a great extent. The lower price and greater availability of starch coupled with its environment-friendly profile has made it as a viable alternative to polymers based on petrochemicals.
Here are some key findings of the study:
- The global starch blended biodegradable polymer market is currently being driven by the expanding applications of these polymers in various industries such as food, packaging, agriculture, etc.
- Furthermore, the prices of these products have been declining continuously over the past several years making them competitive compared to synthetic polymers.
- The consumption of starch based polymers has grown at a CAGR of around 16% during 2009-2016.
The report has segmented the global starch blended biodegradable polymer market on the basis of end-use.
- Bags and sacks currently represent the biggest end-use industry accounting for the majority of the total market.
- Bags and snacks are followed by loose fill and packaging.
- The report has also segmented the market according to its key regions.
- Western Europe currently represents the largest market accounting for the majority of the total global market.
- Western Europe is followed by Asia-Pacific and North America.
The report has also analyzed the key players operating in the global starch blended biodegradable polymer market
- Wuhan Huali Environment Protection Sci. & Technology CO. Ltd
- Plantic Technologies
- Japan Corn Starch
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/starch-blended-biodegradable-polymer-market-witnesses-growth-of-16-cagr-during-2009-to-2016-300457781.html