Starting Lineup of Speakers Announced For 2012 PromaxBDA Sports Marketing Summit and Awards
NEW YORK, Oct. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Elite one-day event celebrating creativity, excellence and innovation in the global sports media marketing business to be held November 13 at New York's Capitale.
PromaxBDA, the leading global association for marketing professionals in the entertainment and electronic media today announced their first group of panels and speakers for the 2012 Sports Marketing Summit and Awards Show, to be held at Capitale in New York on November 13. This year's summit will include the headline topics from the business over the last year and welcome innovative thought leaders in the global media marketing industry all with a look to the future of one of the world's fastest growing industries.
"The caliber, breadth and expertise of the confirmed speakers and presenters at this years' Sports Media Marketing Summit is astounding and we're thrilled with the participation from across the sports and sports media marketing industry," said Jonathan Block-Verk, CEO and President, PromaxBDA International. "The Sports Media Marketing Summit is the only place where the world's most innovative marketing executives come together to share their expertise, discuss insights and fundamentally design the future of the sports media industry."
This year's discussions will explore the issues, trends and emerging opportunities affecting success in sports media marketing. The wide-ranging topics will look at everything from the effects of franchise relocation to best practices in brand integration and social media to understanding the fan of the future. Highlights for this year will also include a discussion on crisis management, as well as a comprehensive look back at the strategies and successes for London 2012 and what lies ahead for the Olympic program with Sochi 2014 on the horizon.
It all will culminate with the honoring of the creative, excellence and innovation in sports media marketing and promotion at the third annual PromaxBDA Sports Media Marketing Awards. The finalists of this year's awards will be announced next week.
Confirmed speakers for the day thus far include:
- Lisa Baird, Chief Marketing Officer, USOC
- Sharon Byers, SVP, Sports & Entertainment Marketing, Coca-Cola North America
- Melissa Rosenthal Brenner, Vice President, Marketing National Basketball Association
- Lenny Daniels, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Turner Sports
- Stephen Espinosa, Executive Vice President and General Manager, Sports and Events Programming, Showtime Networks, Inc.
- Bryan Jennings, Executive Vice President VP, Marketing, NHL
- Bryan Johnston, Chief Marketing Officer, UFC
- Carol Kruse, SVP, Marketing, ESPN
- Fred Mangione, Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Brooklyn Nets and Barclays Center
- Stephen Master, SVP, Head of Sports Practice, The Nielsen Company
- John Miller, Chief Marketing Officer, NBC Sports Group
- Richard Ting, EVP & Global Executive Creative Director, Mobile & Social Platforms, R/GA
- Thomas Tyrer, President & Founder, Circle Change Media
For the most up to date panels and speakers visit www.sportsmediamarketing.com
The overall direction for the event is driven by the Sports Media Marketing Advisory Council, and which includes many of the leading companies in the industry. The mission of the council is to support PromaxBDA's efforts to showcase the best work and honor the top industry professionals in the sports media marketing community. Members help sharpen the overall feeling of industry cohesion and sports marketing creativity that increases the value of the program for the sports media marketing constituency.
PromaxBDA (promaxbda.org) leads the global community of those passionately engaged in the marketing of television and video content on all platforms, inspiring creativity, driving innovation and honoring excellence. The association represents more than 10,000 companies and individuals at every major media organization, marketing agency, research company, strategic and creative vendor and technology provider and is considered to be the leading global resource for education, community, creative inspiration and career development in the media and media marketing sectors.
CONTACT: Joe Favorito, +1-201-746-0005