Startup California and Cal-X Jointly Sponsor Upcoming Events Helping Startups Launch and Get Funded!
SANTA MONICA, Calif., March 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Startup California, a Startup America Partnership region, and Cal-X, The California Stock Xchange, the new conscious capitalism stock exchange in early registration process, are organizing a number of exciting events for startup businesses. The activities will also be supported by Cal-X Stars and Cal-Xelerator business accelerators with Cal-X Crowdfund Connect – www.calxcrowdfund.com and numerous partners.
- March 24th – Sunday – ROCK LA Startups Concert featuring Ana Free, Crowdfunding Seminar and Fund Raiser @ The Charleston Santa Monica, 6pm to 10pm - http://koffeehouse.com/show.cfm?id=95704
- March 25th -29th - 2013 B Corporation Accelerator @ Cross Campus, Santa Monica, CA - http://brevolutioncapital.com/b-corporation-accelerator/
- April 2nd – Tuesday – Co-Founders Wanted of Santa Monica @ Cross Campus 6:30pm - http://www.cofounderslab.com/entrepreneurs-meetup-networking/santa-monica-ca
- April 4th & 5th – Thursday and Friday – Silicon Valley Crowdfund Startups & Silicon Valley Meets Crowdfunders – Keynote Speaker Howard Leonhardt on behalf of Startup California @ Sheraton Hotel, Palo Alto, CA - http://svcrowdfund.eventbrite.com/#
- April 6th – Saturday – Introduction to SoCal's Heart Disease Fighting Startups @ Heart Failure 2013 Annual Meeting @ Millennium Biltmore Hotel, Downtown Los Angeles, 5:30pm - http://www.laheartfailure.com
- April 13th and 14th – Techspeak for Entrepreneurs @ Silicon Valley - www.techspeakforentrepreneurs.com/workshops/city/us-siliconvalley
- April 23rd – Tuesday – CrowdImpact Social Enterprise Pitch Contest with $20,000 Grand Prize @ ROC Santa Monica – Cal-X Crowdfund Connect in title partnership with http://www.crowdfunder.com/o/crowdimpact-la
- May 15th – Wednesday – California Equity Crowdfunding Today seminar – Information on California Qualification by Permit Intrastate Offerings process - @ ROC Santa Monica, 5pm to 10pm http://www.meetup.com/StartUpLA/events/107452732/
- May 16th – Thursday – B Revolution Capital Investor Dinner – TBD Santa Monica - http://brevolutioncapital.com/b-corporation-accelerator/
- May 30th – Thursday - Vator Splash LA Pitch Contest – Hollywood - http://vator.tv/events/splash-la-may-2013
- June 7th – Friday - Unveiling of Santa Monica Life Science Incubator plans @ Santa Monica, location TBD.
- Oct. 4th & 5th – Friday and Saturday – California Crowdfunding Panel @ The California Women's Conference @ TBD – www.californiawomensconference.com
Startup California and Cal-X will also continue to sponsor this summer, as they did last, Startup Sessions @ Google Ventures Startup Labs with Vator.tv, Startup Weekend events statewide, Startup Circle San Diego, TCVN, LAVA, Tech Coast Angels, DEMO Pitch, AmazonWeb $200,000 Challenge, Keiretsu Forums, events held by Cross Campus Santa Monica, ROC Santa Monica, io/LA, KIVA, WhenYouWish, Crowdfunder e, General Assembly, Women 2.0 Founder Friday, Free Lunch Friday, Chic CEO, BRevolution, VatorSplash Pitch Contests, Tech.co Seminars and Tech Cocktails, Caypen and numerous crowdfunding information seminars (33 in past year).
About Startup California: Startup California is a regional initiative launched in June of 2012 in conjunction with the Startup America Partnership, which is supported by the Kauffman Foundation, the Case Foundation and six corporate sponsors. It is designed to stimulate the formation, nurturing and success of high-growth, job-creating startup businesses. A special focus on enabling ecosystems to develop and improve that support startup business formation and growth. If you are a startup and you have not signed up yet please log on to www.s.co and sign up right away! If you are an angel, mentor, service provider or seek to work in a CA startup as a co-founder, intern or an employee sign on to www.startupcalifornia.org.
About Cal-X: Founded by Leonhardt Ventures (www.leonhardtventures.com) in 2008, with the goal to reduce the cost and complexity of small firms raising capital. Leonhardt Ventures has raised and put to work $145 million in 28 companies. Cal-X has 4 units: The California Stock Exchange (www.calstockexchange.com) which has aspirations to be the third major stock exchange in the USA, the first conscious capitalism stock exchange with an emphasis on facilitating local investing. Cal-X Crowdfund Connect working with Methven Law and Merriman Capital is focused on guiding campaigns for up to $5 million California Qualification by Permit intrastate offerings. Cal-X Stars is a 5-year business accelerator with a 50% focus on life science firms and 50% on social good enterprises with expected positive cash flow within the next 12 months. Cal-Xelerator is a 12-week startup launch accelerator based in Santa Monica with a wide range of mentors specializing in social good enterprises. Cal-X has a wide array of working partners – click http://www.calstockexchange.com/partners for more information.
1 310 310 2534
This press release distribution was issued via PR Syndication.
SOURCE Startup California; Cal-X