State Agencies Recognize 10 Pennsylvanians for Workforce Success
HARRISBURG, Pa., May 8, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Ten Pennsylvanians today received Governor's Achievement Awards during the 29th Annual Pennsylvania Partners Employment, Training & Education Conference, being held at the Hershey Lodge and Convention Center through Friday.
Representatives of state workforce development agencies recognized the individuals for their accomplishments.
"The work ethic and determination of these individuals are assets to the commonwealth and its workforce," Labor & Industry Secretary Julia Hearthway said. "Their accomplishments stand as inspiration for us all, and I commend them for their achievements."
Hearthway was represented at the awards ceremony by Stephanie Larkin, executive director of the Pennsylvania Workforce Investment Board.
"Today's award winners have shown true resiliency as they have worked their way through the welfare system and ultimately, to self-sufficiency," said Public Welfare Acting Secretary Beverly Mackereth. "I applaud their determination and the positive example they have set for both their family and the community."
"We hope to express our appreciation to older employees for providing their knowledge and skills to the workplace and also congratulate older Pennsylvanians who are re-entering the workforce," Secretary of Aging Brian Duke said. "Their efforts make each day a success for their employers."
The awards are jointly sponsored by state workforce development agencies – the departments of Aging, Labor & Industry and Public Welfare – and Pennsylvania Partners to recognize exceptional individuals who have benefited from workforce development initiatives.
Pennsylvania Partners, an association of workforce development professionals in each of the state's 23 workforce investment areas, sponsors this annual conference, which attracts more than 800 private and public job-training experts from across Pennsylvania.
Sara Goulet, L&I; 717-787-7530
Christina Reese, Aging; 717-787-1549
Anne Bale, Public Welfare; 717-425-7606
Editor's Note: Following is a list of award recipients.
Department of Labor & Industry and Pennsylvania Partners
Youth Program Participant
- Charene Cruz, Lehigh County, nominated by Lehigh Valley Workforce Investment Board, Inc.
- Anthony Parks Sr., Mercer County, nominated by West Central Job Partnership
Dislocated Worker Program Participant
- Chance Densky, Luzerne County, nominated by Luzerne-Schuylkill Workforce Investment Board
Department of Aging
Outstanding Senior Community Service Employment Program Participant
- Maria Breidigan, Northampton County, nominated by Lehigh Valley CareerLink®
Department of Public Welfare
Program Participant Awards
- Stacey Sorbo, Lawrence County, nominated by West Central Job Partnership
- Kristen Roensch, Northampton County, nominated by Lehigh Valley Workforce Board, Inc.
- Jerrika Gadson, Philadelphia County, nominated by People's Emergency Center
- Tiereney Mack-Colwell, Northampton County, nominated by Lehigh Valley Workforce Board, Inc.
- Samantha Rambo, Berks County, nominated by Berks County Assistance Office
- Tammy Morrow, Allegheny County, nominated by Pittsburgh Partnership
SOURCE Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry