State Exchanges Take Center Stage As Disruptor In Healthcare; ACOs And Medicaid Expansion Continue To Drive A New Normal New Executive Briefing from Decision Resources Group Identifies Seven Key Trends in U. S. Managed Markets
BURLINGTON, Mass., Jan. 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Decision Resources Group has condensed its latest insight on U.S. managed markets into seven over-arching trends, outlined in a new Executive Briefing. Sweeping change driven by healthcare reform, already a constant for companies doing business in healthcare throughout 2013, will continue to be the new normal in 2014.
- Decision Resources Group's newest Executive Briefing, entitled "2014 In Focus: 7 Trends to Watch in U. S. Managed Markets," discusses seven national trends that will drive further evolution of U. S. healthcare industry:
- State exchanges will take center stage—what ACOs were to 2013, exchanges will be to 2014.
- ACOs will grow up—not just in organization, but as an expectation of players that want to be considered innovative.
- Medicaid expansion will continue—those who don't play will miss out on federal dollars.
- Narrow networks will broaden—limited choices mean big savings with better control.
- Medicare's system of ranking health plans will evolve as average Star Ratings for all plans increases.
- Telehealth will grow as legislatures catch up with the reality of the mobile world.
- Healthcare mergers and acquisitions will slow in comparison to 2013's frenetic pace.
- The full Executive Briefing can be downloaded here.
- Carolyn McMeekin, Vice President of Market Access Insights for Decision Resources Group, said: "As the Affordable Care Act continues to impose new rules, regulations and reality on the healthcare industry, it becomes ever more important for businesses operating in this space to re-evaluate their strategies frequently and rapidly. For example, merger and acquisition activity has centered on health plans, hospitals and physician groups. As the calendar turns, watch for that activity to shift to ACOs and IT companies."
- Bill Melville, Market Analyst for Decision Resources Group, adds: "Exchanges will reshape commercial markets in most states and become a driving force in how carriers design plans and provider networks. Don't underestimate the impact of Arkansas on exchange markets and Medicaid plans – this could be the year for other states to adapt their private model."
- Decision Resources Group is offering an open webinar based on the new Executive Briefing, which will walk through the important managed markets trends to watch in 2014. "U. S. Healthcare 2014: The 7 Trends, Players and Market Drivers That Matter" will take place February 19th, 2014 and is open to media, payer, provider, PBM, government and pharmaceutical executives. Register for the webinar here.
About Decision Resources Group
Decision Resources Group offers best-in-class, high-value information and insights on critical issues within the healthcare industry. DRG insights and analysis on the U.S. managed care market are powered by HealthLeaders-InterStudy. Clients rely on this analysis and data to make informed decisions. Find out more at www.hl-isy.com and www.DecisionResourcesGroup.com.
All company, brand or product names contained in this document may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
For more information, contact:
Decision Resources Group
SOURCE Decision Resources Group