SAN BERNARDINO, Calif., July 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Stater Bros. has announced that the company has entered into an agreement to purchase the recently closed Moreno Valley Albertsons, located at the northwest corner of Ironwood Avenue and Pigeon Pass Road.
The NEW "Blue Ribbon" Stater Bros. Moreno Valley Supermarket will bring back a much needed full-service supermarket for the many residents north of Highway 60 and a revitalization for the neighborhood shopping center where it's located.
This new Stater Bros. Moreno Valley Supermarket will be the fourth location for Stater Bros. in Moreno Valley and demonstrates Stater Bros.' commitment to the Moreno Valley community it has served for over 34 years (since 1979). The three current Stater Bros. Supermarkets in Moreno Valley are located at 24931 Sunnymead Blvd, 25900 Iris Avenue, and 14425 Moreno Beach Drive.
Stater Bros. expects to take possession of the location from Albertsons in September. The Supermarket will subsequently undergo a major remodel and reopen as a state-of-the-art "Blue Ribbon" Stater Bros. Supermarket. A Grand Opening Celebration for the new Stater Bros. Moreno Valley Supermarket is planned before the end of the year.
The new 43,670 sq. ft. Stater Bros. Moreno Valley Supermarket will feature:
- Full Service Fresh Meat Department with famous Stater Bros. Butchers to serve you
- Full Service Fresh Seafood Department with experts to help with selection plus capability to season and fry on the spot
- Full Service Deli including fried and baked chicken, specialty sandwiches, wraps, taco plates, olive bar and much more
- Self Service Beverage Bar with New Coca-Cola "Freestyle" Fountain Drink Station featuring over 150 flavors of soda, ICEE Drinks, Ice Teas, Espresso, Specialty Coffees, Vanilla Latte and Hot Cocoa
- Full Service Hot Bakery with a full selection of Artisan breads and rolls, plus Ice Cream Cakes, special occasion cakes and cupcakes
- Full Service Floral Department for that special gift of fresh flowers, plants or floral arrangements
- Garden Fresh Produce Department featuring more than 800 items with expanded organic selections
The new Stater Bros. Moreno Valley Supermarket will also include many environmentally friendly practices:
- Addition of LED lighting in building signage and refrigerated display cases plus use of glass doors and curtains in refrigerated cases that reduce energy usage by 60%
- New lighting system that uses dimming ballasts, energy efficient lamps and occupancy sensors
- Energy Management System that controls refrigeration, HVAC, Demand Response, and lighting
- Recycling Center located inside for customers to recycle paper and plastic grocery bags
- Earth-conscious alternatives such as Large Grocery Bags made with 100% recycled paper and Reusable Bags for purchase
"Since 1979, Stater Bros. has proudly served the community of Moreno Valley, and the Stater Bros. Supermarket Family is especially proud to offer this modern and environmentally friendly Stater Bros. Supermarket to better serve our long-time and 'valued' Moreno Valley Customers," stated Jack H. Brown, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Stater Bros.
Stater Bros. is the largest privately owned Supermarket Chain in Southern California and the largest private employer in both San Bernardino County and Riverside County, with annual sales in 2012 of $3.9 billion. The Company currently operates 166 Supermarkets, and there are over 18,000 members of the Stater Bros. Supermarket Family.
STATER BROS ... PROUDLY SERVING SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA FAMILIES FOR 77 YEARS
Contact: Susan Atkinson
Vice President Corporate Affairs
P.O. Box 150 - San Bernardino, CA 92402
Phone: (909) 733-5038
SOURCE Stater Bros.