DALLAS, Aug. 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Among younger homeowners, staying in is the new going out. Pergo – the inventor of laminate flooring and one of the world's most recognized flooring brands – shares six tips to master the ultimate staycation.
"Leaving the comforts of home isn't always worth it or necessary when most go-tos are available on-demand at home," asks Paij Thorn-Brooks, Vice President of Marketing for Pergo.
How easy and cost-effective can staying in be? Pergo offers these tips:
- Meal delivery services and apps like UberEats or GrubHub bring the latest restaurants to you. Craving home cooking? Sign up for a grocery delivery from a local supermarket and forget hauling bags.
- Forget pesky pet store or post office runs and have someone handle errands for you. Several sites and apps like NextDoor link with neighbors about local news and locate last-minute helpers for errands.
- Streaming video platforms make entertainment available 24/7. Or kick it old school with a board game or puzzle. Check New York Times or Amazon Best Sellers lists, then order a good read to the house.
- To workout without the gym, a variety of personal trainers offer specific plans that can be done in-home with the proper equipment and floor space.
- Stay connected from home by video chat on your smartphone and subscribe to a local news outlet to keep up with what's happening.
- Maximize "me time": Try out new recipes. Sock dance across laminate or hardwood floors. Start that procrastinated project.
For more stay-at-home hacks, watch Pergo's unscripted webseries Ultimate Staycation™ starting Aug. 20 on FYI™ and FYI.tv. Saturdays through mid-September, two-minute episodes follow a couple's attempt to stay inside for 30 days while facing surprise challenges. Tune in to see if they last and win a $20,000 down payment on their first home and new Pergo floors!
PERGO® invented laminate flooring over 35 years ago and continues to innovate beautiful, easy-to-install floors with superior surface wear and scratch protection. Today, the company is the largest U.S. laminate flooring manufacturer, a producer of premium hardwood floors and one of the world's most recognized and trusted flooring brands. Throughout North America, find Pergo products at leading home improvement stores and select retailers. Pergo is part of Mohawk Industries Inc. For more, visit pergo.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/staying-in-is-the-new-going-out-6-tips-to-master-your-domain-from-pergo-300315268.html