NEW YORK, Nov. 15, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Stella Artois continues its "Host One to Remember" campaign this season by inspiring consumers to put their own personal touch on entertaining during the holidays. The multi-faceted, season-long holiday campaign launches this month with a series of unique events, innovative collaborations and a new national advertising campaign. Drawing on the brand's Belgian heritage, Stella Artois has collaborated with a team of extraordinary hosts, including model, TV host and The New York Times bestselling cookbook author Chrissy Teigen, to encourage consumers to put their own personal touch on holiday entertaining this year.
"Stella Artois was originally named after a star and crafted as a holiday gift for the people of Leuven, Belgium, so holiday hosting isn't new for Stella Artois; it's who we are," said Harry Lewis, vice president, Stella Artois. "This season, we're celebrating our Belgian origins and encouraging others to bring their own passion and personal style to holiday hosting to create special moments that will last forever."
Stella Artois Leaves Its Mark with a New Take on Holiday Hosting
A continuation of the brand's successful "Host One to Remember" summer platform, the holiday campaign celebrates timeless hosting moments, reimagined for the winter season. To share the story of its own Belgian beginnings and legacy of hosting, Stella Artois revealed a series of new creative components this season including out-of-home, digital, print and a set of :15 and :30 television ads. To bring the brand's holiday hosting origins to life during this special time of year, the new spot showcases Stella Artois' founder and master brewer struggling to deliver his first batch of beer on a snowy Christmas Eve in Leuven, until he gets some help from a herd of reindeer.
Borrowing from that same heritage, Stella Artois will put a modern day twist on an old Belgian tradition, the "King's Feast" – a celebration of Belgium's unique culture observed every year on November 15th. Stella Artois has collaborated with a few notable hosts to help bring the "King's Feast" to the U.S. for the first time, and treat guests to a sophisticated holiday feast hosted by queen of the kitchen Chrissy Teigen and master of contemporary Belgian cuisine and former Stella Artois brand ambassador, Bart Vandaele.
"When I think about hosting a party to remember, the first thing that comes to mind is food – especially during the holidays," said Chrissy. "I love putting my own spin on traditional dishes when I'm cooking for friends and family – and I always include Stella Artois as the perfect addition for ultimate holiday fun!"
In celebration of the campaign, Chrissy and Chef Vandaele will share how they are putting their personal touch on the holiday season – including the creation of a modern day "King's Feast" menu designed to complement the flavor profile of Stella Artois. Chrissy will unveil an original recipe for her own take on Belgian mussels with Thai flavors, Chrissy's Spicy Mussels with Stella Artois, alongside Chef Vandaele's twist on Belgium's classic beef stew, Stella Artois King's Feast Carbonnade a la Flamande, both made with the iconic Stella Artois lager.
Make the Holiday Occasion More Special with Stella Artois
Stella Artois is further encouraging people to put their personal touch on hosting during the holidays through a series of partnerships, as well as online and off-premise activations that inspire others to "Host One to Remember".
- Inspired Gifting: Stella Artois has launched two new limited-edition gift packs this year – one featuring Stella Artois classic European-style lager and another with Stella Artois Cidre – making sophisticated gifting easier than ever. Designed to be enjoyed with friends and loved ones, both packs are available at retailers nationwide and through e-commerce delivery partners Drizly and Minibar in New York City.
- Immersive Shopping Experiences: For the second year in a row, Stella Artois has partnered with Gilt to provide hosting and gift guide recommendations in real-time through the Gilt app and website, and through their premium holiday lounge in their New York City flagship store, Saks Off 5th. The brand's legacy will be brought to life in a series of 12 hosted events as shoppers are offered a perfectly poured Stella Artois, premium gift wrapping services and custom engraved limited edition holiday chalices. Consumers outside of New York City will be able to redeem a complimentary gift with purchase holiday chalice when they shop the gift guides (restrictions apply).
- Telling an Unexpected Holiday Story: Stella Artois is utilizing digital platforms to inspire others to host in new settings and styles – including an immersive consumer experience through an interactive Instagram story that allows users to craft their own Stella Artois Cidre Berry Hot Toddy cocktail right in-feed.
- A Stella Artois Take on Holiday Cocktail Menus: Stella Artois tapped notable mixologists and chefs from across the country to create original cocktail recipes featuring Stella Artois Cidre, as well as unique holiday food pairings that are perfect for impressing guests while entertaining at home – such as a Stella Artois Cidre Sangria Punch paired with Spanish charcuterie, or the Stella Artois Cidre Coconut Spice Cocktail designed to complement the flavors of spicier dishes.
Share how you're infusing your personal style into the season with @StellaArtois and #HostOneToRemember.
Elevate your holiday festivities with cocktails with the perfect food and cocktail pairings, courtesy of Stella Artois.
Stella Artois' Belgian Heritage Comes to Life in the Kitchen
Chrissy's Spicy Mussels with Stella Artois
By Chrissy Teigen
"My mom is Thai so I love to draw inspiration from her cooking style and give it my personal touch. Lots of people think mussels are tricky to make but they're actually super simple and a great one pot dish to make for a crowd! I always serve this with a cold Stella Artois, since it's also a key ingredient in the broth." – Chrissy Teigen
- 2 cups water
- 4 pounds mussels, de-bearded and cleaned
- 1 bunch cilantro stalks, stems and leaves divided; Stems tied with a string and leaves reserved
- 2 stalks lemongrass (tender white inner parts only) cut into 2-inch sections and smashed
- 1 2-inch knob of ginger, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 medium shallots, peeled and finely diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 large celery stalks, cut into thin half moons
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 small Thai bird chilies, finely minced
- 1 15-ounce can coconut milk (not light), shaken
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce, plus more for seasoning
- 1/2 cup Stella Artois
- Lime wedges and chopped basil for serving
- Bring the water to a boil in a very large pot. Add the mussels, cilantro bundle, half the lemongrass and half the ginger. Cover and cook until the mussels open, about five minutes.
- Strain the mussels through a colander and set over a large bowl to catch and reserve the liquid. Strain the liquid again if necessary to remove any sand or grit.
- While the mussels cool, heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the shallots and cook, stirring until just tender but not brown at all, about four minutes.
- Add the reserved mussel cooking liquid (around four cups), coconut milk, fish sauce, garlic, remaining lemongrass and ginger. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until the soup thickens slightly, about 15 minutes.
- While the broth is simmering, remove the mussels from their shells – there should be around two cups of mussel meat.
- Stir in the beer and simmer for an additional three minutes. Season with additional fish sauce.
- Divide the mussels among four bowls and pour about one cup of the hot broth into each bowl.
- Scatter the top of each bowl with Thai chilies and garnish with additional cilantro and basil. Serve with lime wedges and a cold Stella Artois.
Stella Artois King's Feast Carbonnade a la Flamande
By Chef Bart Vandaele
"While French stews are made with wine, the classic Belgian Carbonnade relies on the flavors of Belgian beer and in this version – the iconic Stella Artois lager. A traditional Carbonnade incorporates vegetables into the stew but in this modern twist, the stew is ladled into a crispy twice-baked potato topped with mayonnaise and fried shallots – the most decadent indulgence fit for a king." – Chef Bart Vandaele
- 2 pounds short rib, boneless and cleaned
- 1 bottle Stella Artois
- 1 slice of white bread spread with Dijon mustard
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 cup demi-glace or beef stock
- 1/4 cup cola
- 4 large baking potatoes, rinsed but not peeled
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Olive oil
- Butter (optional)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Crispy fried onions or shallots
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Wrap each of the potatoes individually in aluminum foil along with a sprig of thyme, rosemary, clove of garlic, dash of salt and a shot of olive oil.
- Place the wrapped potatoes in the oven and bake for an hour, or until tender.
- Season the short ribs with salt and pepper. Heat vegetable oil in a large pan and sear short ribs over high heat on both sides until browned, about eight minutes.
- Once browned, place the meat on a grill or baking rack to allow the excess liquids to drip off.
- In a large pot or pan (if using the same pan, make sure to clean out the drippings from the short ribs first), sauté the onions with vegetable oil until lightly browned, about five minutes.
- Cover the onions with the bottle of Stella Artois, cola, demi-glace, thyme and garlic and stir well.
- Spread the white bread with Dijon mustard and add it, along with the short ribs, ribs into the sauce mixture. Similar to flour, the bread will melt into sauce and thicken it, while the mustard enriches the flavor.
- Bring everything to boil, then lower the heat and cover with a lid. Let the short ribs stew on the stovetop for 2 to 2 ½ hours or until the meat is very tender.
- When the potatoes are done, take them out and cut a lengthwise slit in the potato straight through the foil. Drop some more olive oil into the potato (or melted butter if preferred) and roast again for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Take the short ribs out and place on a sheet pan to cool. Once cooled, cut into bite sized pieces and put back into the stew (this can also be done at the beginning, however cooking the meat in one piece will help it retain more of the flavors).
- Ladle the beef stew carefully into the potatoes and garnish each with a small dollop of mayonnaise and fried onions or shallots.
Inspired Holiday Cocktails from Stella Artois
Stella Artois Cidre Coconut Spice
"The Stella Artois Cidre Coconut Spice pairs well with distinct spicy dishes where the refreshing frothiness of this cocktail would cool down the heat and refresh for the next bite." – Michael Gulotta, MOPHO, New Orleans, LA
For the cocktail:
- 3 inch finger of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced thinly
- 8 slices fresh jalapeno
- 1/2 of a fresh green apple, sliced into wedges
- 1 1/2teaspoons ground allspice
- 2 ounces lime juice
- 3 ounces agave syrup
- 6 ounces coconut milk
- 1 egg white
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 12-ounce bottles Stella Artois Cidre
- 4 peels of orange
- 4 basil leaves
- Orange blossom water
In a blender combine all ingredients except for the Stella Artois Cidre. Blend on high until the coconut milk is whipped and frothy. Fill four highball glasses with ice and pour the frothed coconut milk over until it fills the glass two thirds of the way. Fill the glasses the rest of the way with Stella Artois Cidre until it just crests the lip of the glass. Finish each cocktail with two drops of orange blossom water, a twist of orange peel, and a leaf of basil slapped between the hands to release flavor.
Stella Artois Cidre Sangria Punch
"The Stella Artois Cidre Sangria Punch pairs well with any Spanish charcuterie - Jamon Serrano, chorizo cantimpalo or lomo embuchado - because the clean, crisp punch complements the mild flavors of theses unctuous cured meats." – Omar Flores, Casa Rubio, Dallas, TX
For the punch:
- 1 honey crisp apple – cored and sliced thin
- 1 cup white grapes cut in half
- 1 cup white grape juice
- 1 lemon cut into wheels
- 3 orange peels
- 1 dash vanilla extract
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup apple sauce or non-alcoholic apple cider
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 3 sprigs of mint
- 4 12-ounce bottles Stella Artois Cidre
In a large punch bowl add apples, grapes, grape juice, lemons, orange peel, cinnamon, vanilla, apple cider and sugar. Mix thoroughly and allow to macerate for 30-45 minutes. To finish the punch, add cold Stella Artois Cidre, ice and mint. Serve immediately.
Stella Artois Berry Hot Cidre Toddy
"The sweet brown sugar, vanilla and apple of the Stella Artois Berry Hot Cidre Toddy pair nicely with a slow-roasted, cardamom-spiced pork shoulder. Make a pan sauce of Stella Artois Cidre and dried cranberries to bring the flavors to life even further." – Joann Greenwood, The Sage Rabbit, Lexington, KY
For the cocktail:
- 1 12-ounce bottle of Stella Artois Cidre
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 ounce fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
Combine all ingredients in a medium sized saucepan and cook over medium high heat for 5 minutes and lower temp to lowest setting, let simmer for up to 20 minutes. Strain mixture through doubled-over cheesecloth or strain 2 times through a fine mesh strainer. Ladle into your favorite decorative hot beverage mug and garnish with fresh raspberries.
About Stella Artois
Stella Artois® is part of a Belgian brewing tradition dating back to 1366. It is the No. 1 Belgian beer in the world and is present in over 80 countries. Stella Artois® is a bottom filtered, blonde pilsner. It is thirst quenching with a malty middle and crisp finish delivering a full flavor and a hint of bitterness. Stella Artois® is best enjoyed served between 3 and 5 degrees Celsius and should be served in the unique Stella Artois® Chalice according to the 9-Step Pouring Ritual to guarantee a perfect experience of this gold standard lager. Visit www.stellaartois.com for more information.
For more information, please contact:
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20161114/439213
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20161114/439214
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20161114/439215
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160803/395366LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/stella-artois-inspires-others-to-host-one-to-remember-this-holiday-with-the-help-of-hostess-extraordinaire-chrissy-teigen-300363058.html
SOURCE Stella Artois