Stem Cell Research Products - Opportunities, Tools and Technologies
MUMBAI, May 26, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Dominate the Stem Cell Product Market by Making Smarter Decisions Faster
Stem cells are still a relatively new discovery, as the first mouse embryonic stem cells were derived from embryos in 1981, but it was not until 1995 that the first successful culturing of embryonic stem cells from non-human primates occurred and not until 1998 when a technique was developed to isolate and grow embryonic stem cells from human blastocysts. Soon after, mesenchymal stem cells, neural stem cells, and hematopoietic stem cells became popularized. Groundbreaking experimentation in 2006 then led to the introduction of induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs).
To facilitate research resulting from these far-ranging discoveries, a large and rapidly growing stem cells products market has emerged. There are now over one million stem cell researchers in 179 countries worldwide. In addition, there were only 17 stem cell product companies as of 2006 and that number has expanded to include over 100 today (more than a 5-fold increase). Not surprisingly, trend analysis also reveals rapid increases in stem cell research activity over the past five years.
Revealing new 2014 data, the industry report "Stem Cell Research Products: Opportunities, Tools, and Technologies" addresses these trends by strategically positioning research supply companies to expand, profit, and outmaneuver the competition. (http://bit.ly/1w6uBfn)
A distinctive feature of the report is the findings discovered as a result of surveying researchers that identify as having stem cells as their core focus. This 2014 survey reveals stem cell researcher needs, technical preferences, key factors influencing buying decisions, and more. It can be used to make effective product development decisions, create targeted marketing messages, and produce higher prospect-to-client conversion rates.
To benefit from this lucrative product market, you need to anticipate and serve the needs of your clients, or your competitors will.
Key Findings Include:
- Charts, Timelines, and Financials for the Stem Cell Product Market
- Trend Data for Stem Cell Grants, Scientific Publications, and Patents
- 5-Year Market Size Projections (2014-2018)
- Competitive Environment Analysis, Including Identification of Market Leaders
- Preferred Species for Stem Cell Research
- Breakdown of Stem Cell Product Categories
- Identification of Crucial Trends and Unmet Market Needs
- Breakdown of the Marketing Methods Used by Industry Participants
- End-User Survey of Stem Cell Researchers
In summary, this is a must-read industry report for companies to optimally position themselves to sell stem cell products and technologies. To profit from this lucrative and rapidly expanding market, you need to understand your key strengths relative to the competition, intelligently position your products to fill gaps in the marketplace, and take advantage of crucial stem cell trends.
Request for sample page: https://www.bharatbook.com/RequestSample.asp?pid=90809
Currently, the following product categories compose the majority of global stem cell product sales:
• Primary antibodies to stem cell antigens
• Bead-based stem cell separation systems
• Fluorescent-based labeling and detection
• Stem cell protein purification and analysis tools
• Tools for DNA and RNA-based characterization of stem cells
• Isolation/characterization services
• Stem cell culture media and reagents
• Stem cell specific growth factors and cytokines
• Tools for stem cell gene regulation
• Stem cell services and mechanisms for in vivo and in vitro stem cell tracking
• Expansion/differentiation services for stem cell media and RNAi
• Stem cell lines
Furthermore, to sell products in the stem cell market, it is critical to understand the research applications for which stem cells are being studied. One area of study is the use of stem cells to understand and treat birth disorders. However, of greater interest to researchers is the potential for use of stem cells in regenerative medicine to treat conditions ranging from diabetes, to cardiovascular disease and neurological disorders.
Pharmaceutical companies have intense interest in the ability to use stem cells to improve drug target validation and toxicology screening. Therefore, it is important for companies interested in stem cell therapy applications to understand underlying market forces, and in particular, to consider progressive areas of stem cell research as opportunistic areas for drug and therapy development. This report presents a range of topics of interest to these companies as well, including how advances in stem research can reveal potential new drug targets, improve methods of drug delivery, and provide personalized treatment strategies.
The key areas that account for the majority of applied stem cell research include:
• Regenerative Medicine - Reversal of injury or disease
• Drug Target Validation and Drug Delivery - Treatment of disease
• Toxicology Screening - Drug safety and efficacy assessment
• Understanding and Treatment of Birth Disorders - Natal repair
This 2014 report provides detailed information on both basic and applied stem cell research and research applications and includes an updated list of global stem cell research centers by region.
Furthermore, it is crucial for stem cell companies to understand the funding environment that supports stem cell research. Currently, the U.S. federal government is an important, although not dominant, source of funding for stem cell research. The reason is that U.S. states are spending almost as much as the federal government on stem cell research and are actually spending more than the federal government on human embryonic stem cell (hESC) research. Private sources also contribute a huge amount of funding, with analysis of recent large gifts summing to over $1.7 billion.
Growth in stem cell research has exploded in the past decade, and so the market to supply stem cell research products has grown to meet this huge demand. There are now over one million stem cell researchers worldwide. In addition, there were only 17 stem cell product companies as of 2006, and that has expanded to more than 100 today, a 6-fold increase.
For more information on Methodology, Abstract and TOC:
Table of Contents
- BACKGROUND - TYPES OF STEM CELLS
- TIMELINE OF KEY STEM CELL EVENTS
- KEY MARKET COMPETITORS: PROVIDERS OF DIVERSE STEM CELL PRODUCT LINES
- PRODUCT AREAS
- MARKET SIZE
- CURRENT MARKET ASSESSMENT
- MARKET TREND ANALYSIS
- MARKET FORECASTS AND FUTURE CONSIDERATIONS
- SCIENTIST PANEL - DETAILED END-USER SURVEY
- STRATEGIES FOR ACCESSING THE MARKETPLACE
More Reports on Stem Cell: http://bit.ly/1nnK1b9
About Bharat Book Bureau
Bharat Book Bureau is the leading market research information aggregator that provides market research reports, industry analysis, company profiles, business reports, country reports, newsletters and online databases. Our clients include Corporate, Consulting firms, and Academic Institutions and Government departments across the globe. Bharat Book Bureau provides over a million reports from more than 400 publishers around the globe. The market research reports we provide, help global companies examine the different markets before setting up a business or expanding into different countries across the world. They give a complete perspective on the current market scenario, trends, segments and future outlook.
Bharat Book Bureau
USA/Canada - 1-866-279-8368 (Toll free)
India: +91-22-27810772, 27810773
SOURCE Bharat Book Bureau