PUNE, India, April 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Sterlite Technologies Limited "Sterlite" [BSE:532374, NSE:STRTECH], a leading global provider of transmission solutions for the power and telecom industries, today announced its results for the quarter and fiscal year ended March 31, 2012.
During the quarter, the company earned revenues of Rs. 809 crores, and EBITDA of Rs. 70 Crores. During the quarter, the Company also received new orders valued at about Rs 700 Crores for its telecom and power products. The confirmed order book as on April 1, 2012 stands at about Rs 2,300 Crores, and a bulk of these orders would be executed during FY13.
Financial highlights for FY 12
- Revenues of Rs 2,727 Crores.
- EBITDA of Rs 223 Crores, PAT of Rs 44 Crores.
- Telecom business revenues of Rs 804 Crores at an EBITDA margin of 17.3%.
- Power business revenues of Rs 1,923 Crores at an EBITDA margin of 4.4%.
- International sales revenues of about Rs 800 Crores; approximately 30% of net revenues.
- The Board has recommended a dividend of 15% for the year, subject to approval from shareholders.
Business highlights for FY 12
- Good Tier-1 clients added for all businesses across geographies.
- Market entry into new geographies like North America and Latin America
- Sterlite places orders for Transmission lines (765 kV) which are part of its overall BOOM portfolio of 3 UMTP projects for supplies of equipment and EPC of two 1500 MVA (765/400KV) substations.
- Sterlite power conductors selected by PGCIL for high voltage & green energy transmission systems
- Focused efforts in product development have lead to the introduction of ACCC conductors, G657 optical fiber and blown fiber optic cables
- Awards: Top 100 CISO Awards, EMC Cloud Pioneer Awards
- The Company exited the year at capacities of 160,000 MT for power conductors and over 12 million km for optical fibers. The capacity expansion of 20 million kms for optical fiber is on schedule.
Updates on capacity expansion projects:
Sterlite's first BOOM project - The East-North Interconnection Project is running on schedule with 60% of the activities already completed. The second project, Bhopal-Dhule Transmission project (BDTCL), has advanced from the survey phase to design and engineering phase most key orders related to this project have already been awarded. For the third project, which is Jabalpur Transmission project (JTCL), orders are yet to be finalised.
Says Pravin Agarwal, Wholetime Director - Sterlite Technologies, "We have created a structure with strong customer driven vertical focus and have enhanced our investment to take advantage of the opportunities we see in the market. We continue to be a co-creation partner of choice for our clients to capitalize on opportunities arising out of emerging business trends. The fundamentals of our business remain intact and we are committed to deliver value to our shareholders. The Board of Directors, the Leadership Team and I continue to retain a optimistic view of our business, its market opportunities and our vision for the future."
Read the complete news release at our Online Newsroom.
About Sterlite Technologies Limited: Sterlite Technologies Limited ("Sterlite") [BSE: 532374, NSE: STRTECH], is a leading global provider of transmission solutions for the power and telecom industries. Equipped with a product portfolio that includes power conductors, optical fibers, telecommunication cables and a comprehensive telecom systems / solutions portfolio, Sterlite's vision is to 'Connect every home on the planet'. Sterlite is also executing multi-million dollar power transmission system projects, pan-India.
For more details, please visit www.sterlitetechnologies.com
Primary Media Contact : Aditya Hirlekar, firstname.lastname@example.org, 91-20-30514000
Secondary Media Contact : Vishal Aggarwal, email@example.com, 91-20-30514000
SOURCE Sterlite Technologies Limited