Sterlite Technologies Posts H1 Sales of Rs.1708 Crores
PUNE, India, October 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Sterlite Technologies Limited [BSE: 532374, NSE: STRTECH], a leading global provider of transmission solutions for the telecom and power industries, today announced financial results for the second quarter of 2012.
- Half-Yearly Net Revenues of Rs. 1708 Crores (US$ 322 Million), up 36% year over year
- Consistent volume growth year on year in all core businesses
- The Q2 EBITDA for the company was Rs. 54 Crores, after accounting for a provision of Rs 26 Crores in the power segment towards receivables from a debtor on account of a dispute.
Standalone 6 Months ended Year ended Financials Quarter Ended September 30 March 31 Sep 12 June 12 Sep 11 2012 2011 2012 Net Revenues (Rs Crore) Net Revenues 842 866 707 1708 1255 2,727 (US$ Mn) 159 163 133 322 237 515 EBITDA (Rs Crore) EBITDA (US$ 54 74 54 128 98 223 Mn) 10 14 10 24 18 42 PAT (Rs Crore) 4 18 13 23 18 44 PAT (US$ Mn) 1 3 2 4 3 8 Diluted EPS (Rs.) 0.11 0.46 0.32 0.57 0.45 1.11
- The Company won the Voice & Data "Top Telecom Cable Company 2011-12" award for being India's biggest player in FY 2011-12 for ninth year in a row.
- The company received orders worth Rs 720 Crores (US$ 136 Million). More than half of the orders are from international market.
- The company added many new customers primarily in the Middle East region and also received orders which are a part of Argentina's National Broadband Plan.
- Sterlite commenced work on the country's first-ever ACCC stringing line as part of re-conductoring of 132 kV transmission line in Gujarat.
"Sterlite is well positioned to help our customers formulate value-enhancing solutions and we believe the current economic climate will continue to create significant medium and long-term growth opportunities for the company," says Mr Pravin Agarwal, Whole-time Director, Sterlite Technologies Limited.
About Sterlite Technologies Limited
Sterlite Technologies Limited ("Sterlite") [BSE: 532374, NSE: STRTECH], is a leading global provider of connectivity solutions for the power and telecom industries. Equipped with a product portfolio that includes power conductors, optical fibers, telecommunication cables and a comprehensive telecom systems/solutions portfolio, Sterlite's vision is to 'Connect every home on the planet'. Sterlite is also executing multi-million dollar power transmission system projects, pan-India.
Primary Media Contact: Mohit Kochar, firstname.lastname@example.org, 91-20-30514000
Secondary Media Contact: Vishal Aggarwal, email@example.com, 91-20-30514000
SOURCE Sterlite Technologies Limited