Stop & Shop Alerts Customers To Voluntary Recall Of Charles Arnaud Morbier Cheese
QUINCY, Mass. and PURCHASE, N.Y., Aug. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Stop & Shop Supermarket Company LLC, following a recall by Trois Comtois of France, announced it removed from sale all Charles Arnaud Morbier semi soft cheese due to possible contamination by listeria monocytogenes.
The following product is included in this recall:
- Charles Arnaud Morbier Semisoft cheese prepared and cut from an 11 lb. wheel and sold in the deli department at the following Stop & Shop store locations between June 1 and August 14, 2013
- 240 Sandford Blvd East, Mount Vernon, NY
- 1790 Post Rd. East, Westport, CT
- 385 Connecticut Ave, Norwalk, CT
- 50 South Water St., Vineyard Haven, MA
- 31 Sparks Ave, Nantucket, MA
- 200 New Hartford Rd, Winsted, CT
- 3900 Falmouth Rd, Marstons Mills, MA
- 225 Upper Main St, Edgartown, MA
- 24 Rte. 6A, Cranberry Cove Plaza, Orleans, MA
- 20 Teaticket Highway, East Falmouth, MA
- 149 Franklin St, Westerly, RI
- 1799 Farmington Ave, Unionville, CT
- 105 Elm Street, Old Saybrook, CT
- 56 Shank Painter Rd, Provincetown, MA
- 516 Rte 134, Suite #1, S. Dennis, MA
- 111 Chatham Rd, Harwich, MA
- 11 East Main St., North Canaan, CT
Stop & Shop has received no reports of illnesses to date. Customers who have purchased the product should discard any unused portions and bring their purchase receipt to Stop & Shop for a full refund.
Listeria is a common organism found in nature. Consumption of food contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes can cause listeriosis, an uncommon but potentially fatal disease. Healthy people rarely contract listeriosis. However, listeriosis can cause high fever, severe headache, neck stiffness and nausea. Listeriosis can also cause miscarriages and stillbirths, as well as serious and sometimes fatal infections in those with weakened immune systems, such as infants, the elderly and persons with HIV infection or undergoing chemotherapy.
Consumers looking for additional information on the recall may call Charles Arnaud Morbier customer service at 201-448-8787. In addition customers may call Stop & Shop Customer Service at 1-800-767-7772 for more information. Customers can also visit the Stop & Shop website at www.stopandshop.com.
About Stop & Shop
The Stop & Shop Supermarket Company LLC employs approximately 63,000 associates and operates 400 stores throughout Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York and New Jersey. The company helps support local communities fight hunger, combat childhood cancer and promote general health and wellness – with emphasis on children's educational and support programs. In its commitment to be a sustainable company, Stop & Shop is a member of the U.S. Green Building Council and EPA's Smart Way program; has been awarded LEED (EB) certifications for 54 of its existing stores; and has been recognized by the EPA for the superior energy management of its stores. Stop & Shop is an Ahold company. To learn more about Stop & Shop, visit www.stopandshop.com or www.facebook.com/stopandshop.
SOURCE The Stop & Shop Supermarket Company LLC
More by this Source
Stop & Shop Alerts Customers To Voluntary Recall Of Popsicle Ice Pops
Mar 03, 2014, 16:33 ET
Stop & Shop Alerts Customers To Voluntary Recall Of Newman's Own Salsa Con Queso
Feb 20, 2014, 18:02 ET
Stop & Shop Alerts Customers To Voluntary Recall Of Hot Pockets Philly Steak & Cheese
Feb 17, 2014, 14:16 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.