QUINCY, Mass., Jan. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Stop & Shop Supermarket Company LLC announced today it will open the doors to its second Medford, Mass. location at 7 a.m. on Friday, Jan. 11. In November 2012, Stop & Shop acquired the lease of the former Johnnie's Foodmaster located at 471 Salem Street. The new store will offer Medford residents and neighboring towns Stop & Shop's trademark savings programs and everyday values.
Returning customers will also have the opportunity to see many familiar faces of associates who were previously employed with Johnnie's Foodmaster. Stop & Shop hired approximately 30 of the former store's employees. In total, the store will employ more than 100 associates. A full-service Eagle Bank branch, open with extended hours seven days a week, will also continue to reside in-store.
Media, along with local officials, partners and vendors, community organizations, and residents are invited to join as Stop & Shop celebrates the new store opening with a number of activities including a ribbon cutting ceremony on Friday, Jan. 11 at 10 a.m. Several Medford elected officials and community leaders will participate.
The celebration will continue throughout the month with special promotions and savings for Medford shoppers including:
- Stop & Shop Brands Patrol (Friday, Jan. 11 – Sunday, Jan. 13, Saturday, Jan. 19 – Sunday, Jan. 20): Stop & Shop is giving $1,800 worth of prizes through its Brands Patrol! Customers that purchase Nature's Promise and Stop & Shop brand products could win a $10 Stop & Shop gift card. Approximately $500 a day will be given away during grand opening weekend on Friday, Jan. 11 12 p.m. – 5 p.m. and Saturday, Jan. 12 – Sunday, Jan. 13 12 p.m. – 3 p.m. The Brands Patrol will also be in the store the following Saturday Jan. 19 and Sunday, Jan. 20. 12 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Kids Entertainment (Friday, Jan. 11 – Sunday, Jan. 13, Saturday, Jan. 19 – Sunday, Jan. 20): Kids can enjoy entertainment from special guest Silly Sally the Clown. She will offer face painting, balloon animals and puppet shows. Hours for Silly Sally the Clown are 12 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Jan. 11 – 13 and Jan. 19 – 20.
- Eagle Bank Raffle (Friday, Jan. 11 – Sunday, Jan. 13): Celebrate Stop & Shop's grand opening and the new Eagle Bank located inside the store and enter to win one of two $250 Stop & Shop gift cards. Customers can also help the environment and pick up a free reusable shopping bag.
"Stop & Shop is thrilled to open the doors to our second store in Medford," said Joe Kelley, president, Stop & Shop New England Division. "We are extremely pleased with the new store and are looking forward to the opportunity to help further serve the Medford community."
New Store Offerings
Customers will have a variety of innovative solutions and ongoing savings to make shopping both easier and affordable, including:
Savings in Store & Beyond
- Weekly Specials! and Real Deals! (items on sale for several weeks) can be identified in store and in the circular.
- Stop & Shop's Own Brands products for additional quality, variety, and everyday value.
- Stop & Shop Brand – hundreds of items across the store
- Nature's Promise® – natural and organic products
- CareOne® – quality health and beauty products
- Simply Enjoy – restaurant inspired appetizers, desserts and specialty foods
- Smart Living – household supplies
- Companion – pet food and supplies
- Cottontails – baby care products
- Guaranteed Value – everyday products at value prices
- Stop & Shop Gas Rewards: Each dollar spent shopping with the Stop & Shop card earns a point. Every 100 points saves 10 cents per gallon at the pump. Redeeming points is easy - Gas Rewards points are accepted at all Stop & Shop gas stations and at participating Shell fuel stations. The nearest Stop & Shop gas station is located at 760 Fellsway, Medford, Mass.
- A+ School Rewards: Stop & Shop's program to support local schools is a free and easy way for customers to help the school of their choice receive funding every year. Current Medford schools enlisted in the program include Andrews Middle School, Brooks Elementary School, Christopher Columbus Elementary School, John J. Mcglynn Elementary School, Lt. Milton F. Roberts Elementary School, Mcglynn Middle School, Medford Middle School, St. Clement Parish School and the St. Joseph School. Visit stopandshop.com/aplus for details.
- ORDER IT! deli kiosk to order deli items in store then pick up at the customer's convenience. Alerts are announced in-store or customers can receive text alerts to their phone.
The new Medford Stop & Shop located at 471 Salem Street will be open 7 a.m. – 10 p.m. grand opening day, Friday, Jan. 11. Regular store hours are 7 a.m. – 10 p.m. Monday through Saturday, and 7 a.m. – 9 p.m. Sunday.
Eagle Bank hours are: Monday – Friday, 11 a.m. – 7p.m., Saturday, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. and Sunday, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. For more information about Eagle Bank, please call (617) 387-5110 or visit www.bankeagle.com.
For additional store details, information about in-store offerings and savings or Stop & Shop's community partnerships, visit www.stopandshop.com.
About Stop & Shop
The Stop & Shop Supermarket Company LLC employs approximately 62,000 associates and operates more than 400 stores throughout Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, New York, and New Jersey. The company helps support local communities fight hunger, combat childhood cancer and promote general health and wellness – with emphasis on children's educational and support programs. In its commitment to be a sustainable company, Stop & Shop is a member of the U.S. Green Building Council and EPA's Smart Way program; has been awarded LEED (EB) certifications for 50 of its existing stores; and has been recognized by the EPA for the superior energy management of its stores. Stop & Shop is an Ahold company. To learn more about Stop & Shop, visit www.stopandshop.com.
SOURCE Stop & Shop