DRAPER, Utah, April 11, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Users of StorageCraft® backup and disaster recovery solutions can now get new tools and technologies for their business continuity strategy with today's announced release of StorageCraft ImageManager™ 7. The latest version of the free backup management software allows IT administrators to more easily manage, organize and replicate backup images taken with award-winning StorageCraft ShadowProtect® SPX and ShadowProtect 5 recovery solutions.
In addition to several new features, StorageCraft also announced that its previous premium-based backup and recovery technologies – StorageCraft intelligentFTP® and StorageCraft HeadStart Restore® – are now standard features of ImageManager 7.
"The additions to ImageManager 7's already robust feature set were the result of feedback from our partners. They asked, and we listened," said Matt Urmston, Director of Product Management. "We added the tools IT professionals said would allow them to even more efficiently manage business continuity efforts, giving users the ability to devote less time to backup management needs and spend more time with other mission-critical activities."
ImageManager 7's new standard features include:
- StorageCraft intelligentFTP® – provides maximum flexibility, enabling users to transfer every ShadowProtect incremental file or just a single, collapsed daily file. It also allows for customizable retention policies so users can transfer selected files.
- StorageCraft HeadStart Restore® – enables recovery in minutes in the event of an emergency by pre-staging local backups in a virtual machine for standby failover. The standby volume stays up to date because ImageManager populates each incremental backup into the virtual machine.
- Advanced Image Verification – allows desired backups to be scheduled to automatically boot via integrated StorageCraft VirtualBoot™ technology, providing an email with an attached screenshot of the System Login Screen. It also provides the ability to configure advanced image verification to occur daily, weekly or monthly based on user needs.
- Expandable Managed Folders – includes expandable managed folders to show detailed job information, such as replication jobs, HeadStart Restore, intelligentFTP or ShadowStream jobs. In addition, users can now quickly and easily view the status of ongoing Verification and Consolidation activities at a glance.
- Managed Folder Filters – provides users the ability to filter folders based on the type of jobs configured, such as folders by job type, folders with running tasks, synching folders, etc.
- Backup Store Management – enables users to configure a single managed folder and allows ImageManager to automatically apply the policy settings to subfolders within the backup store. Any new sub folders are also automatically managed and inherit the settings of the primary backup store.
StorageCraft backup and disaster recovery solutions include the highly regarded, award-winning StorageCraft ShadowProtect software line for Windows and Linux systems in physical and virtual environments. ShadowProtect is available in multiple versions so IT professionals can easily use the version that meets their needs, such as best-in-class backup, disaster recovery, system migration and data protection for virtual or physical servers, desktops and laptops. In addition to ShadowProtect, the company's backup and disaster recovery solutions also include StorageCraft ShadowControl, StorageCraft Granular Recovery for Exchange, and StorageCraft Cloud Services™.
About StorageCraft Technology Corp.
The StorageCraft family of companies, founded in 2003, provides best-in-class backup, disaster recovery, system migration and data protection solutions for servers, desktops and laptops. StorageCraft delivers software products that reduce downtime, improve security and stability for systems and data, and lower the total cost of ownership. For more information, visit www.storagecraft.com.
StorageCraft and ShadowProtect are trademarks of StorageCraft Technology Corporation. Other company and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Media Contact Information:
StorageCraft Technology Corporation
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/storagecraft-releases-imagemanager-7-300248125.html
SOURCE StorageCraft Technology Corporation