Strategic Analysis of the Pumps in the European Shale Gas Industry
NEW YORK, Sept. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Strategic Analysis of the Pumps in the European Shale Gas Industry
Energy Demand May Fuel the Growth of the Shale Gas Pumps Market
This research service analyses future trends in the European shale gas pumps market. It determines the impact of political and public opposition towards hydraulic fracturing on the shale gas pumps market. It provides an analysis of the various projects in the shale gas industry, the key environmental legislations and a risk-versus-reward scenario for pump manufacturers. The study has also been divided into country and regional segments and the key drivers and restraints, key oil and gas companies and shale gas reserves for each of these regions have been provided. Market drivers and restraints and their impact over the short, medium and long term have been discussed.
• The European shale gas pumps market is presently at a nascent stage. It is expected to post a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of Xper cent between 2012 and 2017 in the Normal Scenario.
• Exploratory drilling activities are being carried out across various regions in Europe, particularly in Eastern Europe, the United Kingdom and Germany. However, it is estimated that the commercial viability of shale gas would commence only during the long term of the forecast period.
• The growing need among European countries to be self-sufficient pertaining to their energy requirements and greater political acceptance of shale gas exploration are likely to drive the growth of the European pumps market in the shale gas industry.
• Environmental concerns, such as the risk of earthquakes and water pollution as a result of the fracking procedure, are likely to be the major hindrances for the growth of the European pumps market in the shale gas industry.
• Eastern Europe is the largest market for pumps in the shale gas industry in Europe. It is also forecast to witness the highest growth, due to expected investments by major oil and gas companies. Poland and Ukraine are estimated to have significant reserves of shale gas and are likely to witness increased exploratory activities during the forecast period.
• Centrifugal pumps have a bigger share of the total market. This is due to the application of these pumps in transporting the large volumes of water that is required for hydraulic fracturing. Among positive displacement pumps, progressive cavity and reciprocating pumps are the most common types of pumps used in shale gas exploration.
1. Increased investment in drilling test wells and conducting exploratory activities are expected to boost the shale gas pumps market.
2. The mandatory requirement to treat the water that has to be pumped back into the wells is likely to offer growth prospects for pump manufacturers.
3. The energy policies of the various local governments across Europe depend on the commercial viability of shale gas exploration. These policies may have a major bearing on the growth opportunities for pump manufacturers.
4. Pump manufacturers who have a strong foothold in the North American shale gas market are likely to dominate the shale gas pumps market in Europe, due to their experience in shale gas exploration.
5. In 2011, shale gas exploration in France was banned. This is likely to continue during Mr Francois Hollande's on-going presidential term.
This pump employs a rotating impeller to enhance the pressure of the fluid that is transferred. The inlet is along the rotating axis and the fluid is forced out axially or radially, after acceleration, by the rotating impeller. Centrifugal pumps include single-stage, multi-stage, submersible, seal-less and circulator pumps.
Positive Displacement Pump
This pump causes fluid to move by trapping a fixed amount of the fluid and then forcing it into the discharge pipe. A positive displacement pump produces the same flow at a given speed, regardless of the discharge pressure. Positive displacement pumps include rotary, reciprocating and peristaltic pumps.
Currency Used: US Dollar
Exchange Rate: 2012
• 1 GBP (Pound Sterling): $X
• 1 EURO: $
Historical Period: 2009–2011
Base Year: 2012
Forecast Period: 2013–2017
• Short Term: 2013–2014
• Medium Term: 2015–2016
• Long Term: 2017
Oil and Gas
The oil and gas industry comprises of companies that are involved in the exploration, production, transportation and refining of oil and gas. This includes upstream, midstream and downstream sectors.
The upstream sector, also known as the exploration and production (E&P) sector, refers to the searching, recovery and production of shale gas. It involves drilling and operating exploratory wells to recover shale gas.
The midstream sector refers to the transportation of shale gas, water and other fluids from the production facilities to refineries, through pipelines and other means of transportation, such as mobile trucks.
The downstream sector refers to the refining of shale oil and selling and distribution of shale gas and other products derived from shale oil. It involves refineries and wastewater treatment plants.
Note: Revenues generated from services and from sale of spare parts are not considered within the scope of this study.
Segmentation by Region
• The United Kingdom
• Iberia: Portugal and Spain
• Scandinavia: Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland
• Benelux: Belgium, The Netherlands and Luxembourg
• Rest of Western Europe (RoWE): Austria, Greece, Ireland and Switzerland
• Eastern Europe: Poland, The Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, Slovenia, Baltic States, Romania and Bulgaria
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
• Is the European shale gas pumps market growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
• What are the key factors that will drive growth of the shale gas pumps market?
• What are the restraints faced by the market participants? What is the likely impact?
• What are the important geographical regions for the shale gas pumps market? What is the growth forecast in these regions?
• What are the major application segments for the pumps in shale gas? At what rate will the shale gas pumps market grow in these segments?
• What is the present competitive scenario? What are the likely growth opportunities for pump manufacturers?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total Shale Gas Pumps Market
• External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
• Forecasts and Trends
• Competitive Environment and Growth Opportunities
4. Centrifugal Pumps Segment Breakdown
5. Positive Displacement Pumps Segment Breakdown
6. Regional Analysis
• Germany Breakdown
• France Breakdown
• Italy Breakdown
• The United Kingdom Breakdown
• Iberia Breakdown
• Scandinavia Breakdown
• Benelux Breakdown
• Rest of Western Europe Breakdown
• Eastern Europe Breakdown
7. The Last Word (Conclusions and Implications)
To order this report: Strategic Analysis of the Pumps in the European Shale Gas Industry
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
More by this Source
Technologies for Sustainability (Technical Insights)
Dec 11, 2013, 14:35 ET
Technology Investment Opportunities in Systems Biology (Technical Insights)
Dec 11, 2013, 14:32 ET
Next Generation Stent Technologies (Technical Insights)
Dec 11, 2013, 14:31 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.