ATLANTA, May 16, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- As the Western region is at the forefront for developing clean energy strategies and energy efficiency programs and standards, the Association of Energy Engineers (AEE) has teamed up with Platinum Sponsor Southern California Edison (SCE) to present the 35th West Coast Energy Management Congress (EMC). The West Coast EMC is the premier energy conference and exposition held in the western U.S. detailing the latest policy and technological advances for the energy industry. EMC 2017 will be held June 7-8 at the Long Beach Convention Center in Long Beach, CA.
The EMC 2017 conference program is full of the industry's top experts in the energy marketplace. Among the highlights of this year's featured speakers include:
- The Utility & the Role of the Grid: Generating Energy for What's Ahead from Ronald O. Nichols, President, Southern California Edison
- Energy Updates in California from J. Andrew McAllister, Ph.D, Commissioner, California Energy Commission
- Clean Energy – A Strategy for Total Health from Scott S. Wendling, Regional Executive, Support Services, Kaiser Permanente, Southern California
- Department of Navy Energy Program – Challenges & Opportunities from Jim Heller, P.E., C.E.M., Energy Management Division Director, Naval Facilities Engineering & Expeditionary Warfare Center
- Energy Management of the Future from Darrell D. Smith, Director of Facilities Operations, Google, Inc.
- Women in Leadership from Monica Rodriguez, Former City of Los Angeles Public Works Commissioner, Los Angeles City Board of Public Works
As a complement to the conference program, the EMC expo will display technologies helping commercial, industrial, and institutional customers save on their energy costs, upgrading their facilities with innovative solutions, and implementing new or retrofit construction projects which will help drive the new clean energy economy. Co-presented by the U.S. EPA ENERGY STAR® the expo also features the California Green Showcase highlighting leading providers of environmentally friendly, green energy efficiency related products and services. In addition, EMC will also feature a full line-up of professional training seminars focused on current topics such as energy management, water efficiency, energy auditing, building commissioning, renewable energy and more, for a full schedule of available training opportunities, visit www.energyevent.com/seminars
EMC is the West Coast's largest energy efficiency conference and expo addressing new solutions in energy efficiency, energy management, high performance buildings, renewables, and power management technologies. Sponsors include Southern California Edison (SCE), Los Angeles Department of Water & Power (LADWP), Western Energy Systems, Optilumen, Retrolux and ICF. EMC will feature more than 50 educational sessions as well as free technical workshops in the expo hall.
Dates: June 7-8, 2017
Location: Long Beach Convention Center, Long Beach, CA, Hall B
About AEE: The Association of Energy Engineers (AEE), a professional association, is augmented by its strong membership base of over 18,000 professionals in 100 countries and its widely recognized energy certification program in the fields of energy engineering and energy management, renewable and alternative energy, power generation, energy services, sustainability, and all related areas. AEE's network of 96 local chapters located throughout the U.S. and abroad meet regularly to discuss issues of regional importance.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/strategic-energy-directions-keynote-speakers-from-google-southern-california-edison-and-kaiser-permanente-to-headline-west-coast-energy-management-congress-300458612.html
SOURCE Association of Energy Engineers