Rockefeller has been an advocate for SBA's veterans programs and is a veteran entrepreneur himself. He was selected yesterday for We Are The Mighty's 2017 "The Mighty 25" that recognized impactful veterans, for both service in the military and civilian life, whose influence are shaping America. Additionally, Rockefeller was recently named to Inc. Magazine's "Top 20 Military Veteran Tech Entrepreneurs."
Rockefeller is CEO and Co-Founder of StreetShares, a startup that uses technology and social loyalty to improve financial services for the military and veterans' community. The head of the national military banking association called StreetShares, "The most interesting thing to happen to the military finance space in decades." Rockefeller is also a contributing writer for Forbes. He recently wrote an article listing, "7 Free Resources Veteran Entrepreneurs Will Use to Crush It In 2017."
The SBA's task force, established in 2008, directly seeks to improve veteran small business development through federal efforts and communication. The task force focuses on six key areas of veteran small business development:
- Access to capital through small business loans, surety bonding and franchising
- Ensure achievement of pre-established federal contracting goals through mentor-protégé assistance and contracting matching opportunities
- Increasing the integrity of certifications of status
- Reducing administrative burdens when accessing business development opportunities
- Increasing and improving training services
- Improving support generally for veterans business development by the federal government
About The StreetShares Foundation
The StreetShares Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit affiliated with StreetShares, Inc. The mission of the Foundation is to inspire, educate and support veterans' business ownership in America. To do this, the Foundation provides educational content, inspirational stories of veteran entrepreneurship and three veterans business grants totaling to $10,000 each month.
Media Contact: Shauna Vo Pulayya, 1-347-330-4104, email@example.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/streetshares-mark-l-rockefeller-appointed-to-small-business-administration-interagency-task-force-on-veterans-small-business-development-300396524.html
SOURCE StreetShares, Inc.