Study Says: Reading Erotica Sexually Empowers Women
EMERALD COAST, Fla., March 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- USA Today bestselling erotica and contemporary romance author Alessandra Torre conducted a survey of more than 800 women readers, finding that 95% of the respondents believed that reading erotic material "sexually empowered" them.
In Torre's survey sample, most respondents read 12 or more erotic books a year, doing so via digital downloads rather than paper-based books. The majority of these women were married and using what they read to inspire their sex lives and heighten communication with their sex partners.
"The results of this survey track with my impressions of how women are reacting to erotica and contemporary romance material when I meet them in person at my book signings and at romance conventions," said Torre. "If something I write is helping their love lives, it makes my work even more gratifying."
Specifically, Torre's survey revealed the following statistics:
- 94.71% said it sexually empowered them or opened up their sexual thinking
- 84.92% took something they read and used it for inspiration in the bedroom
- 81.11% stated it led to a discussion or increased communication with their partner about sex
- 90.74% of women respondents read at least one erotica book per month
- 92.96% read erotica as an eBook / digital download
- 68.73% of respondents were married, 19.97% were in a relationship, and 20.30% were single
In short, Torre's bestselling books in 13 countries are the catalyst for hundreds of thousands of sexually satisfied women worldwide. For more information on the study or on author Alessandra Torre, please visit http://alessandratorre.com or "Like" her on Facebook at http://facebook.com/alessandratorre0 or follow her on Twitter @ReadAlessandra.
SOURCE Alessandra Torre