Style Endures as The World's Biggest Stars Celebrate In Platinum Jewelry at the 82nd Annual Academy Awards
Platinum Maintains its Precious Position as Most Desired Jewelry in Hollywood for the Past 60 Years
LOS ANGELES, March 7 /PRNewswire/ -- For over eight decades, the Academy Awards has marked the greatest achievements in motion picture - and on the red carpet. With tonight's highly anticipated award show, style endured as celebrities once again showed their desire to complement their looks with platinum jewelry. Not only is platinum the highest quality metal, but its natural white color maximizes the brilliance of diamonds and colored gemstones, making them sparkle even brighter. It's no wonder why many of Hollywood's most notable style icons chose platinum for their red carpet (and even their bridal) jewelry - including Marilyn Monroe, Jackie O., Elizabeth Taylor and Grace Kelly.
Following is a list of stars that celebrated tonight's achievements in platinum:
- Charlize Theron: Platinum and diamond cluster earrings (17.25 carats), and a platinum and diamond bracelet by Harry Winston.
- Zoe Saldana: Platinum and diamond drop earrings (20 carats), and a platinum and amethyst ring (80 carats) by Lorraine Schwartz.
- Miley Cyrus: Platinum and ruby ring (10 carats), and platinum and diamond earrings with rubies by Lorraine Schwartz.
- Amanda Seyfried: Platinum and colored diamond bracelets (250 carats), platinum and colored diamond ring, and blackened platinum and diamond earrings by Lorraine Schwartz.
- Faith Hill: Blackened platinum and diamond bangles (180 carats) by Lorraine Schwartz, and black sapphire and black diamond earrings set in platinum by Ofira.
- Gabourey Sidibe: Blackened platinum and diamond earrings with sapphires, blackened platinum and black diamond bracelets, and a blackened platinum and diamond ring (over 180 carats total for all jewelry) by Lorraine Schwartz.
- Nicole Richie: Blackened platinum and diamond ring (110 carats), blackened platinum and diamond stud earrings, and a blackened platinum and diamond ring by Lorraine Schwartz.
- Penelope Cruz: Platinum and diamond drop earrings (18 carats), and three platinum and diamond bracelets (51 carats total) by Chopard.
- Kate Winslet: Platinum and yellow diamond pendant (19 carats total), platinum and yellow diamond drop earrings (10 carats), and three platinum and yellow diamond bracelets by Tiffany & Co.
- Julianne Moore: Five platinum and diamond bracelets by Bvlgari.
- Maggie Gyllenhaal: Platinum and diamond bracelet with emerald and sapphire by Fred Leighton.
- Vera Farmiga: Platinum and diamond ear clips with opal, and platinum and diamond hair clips by Fred Leighton.
- Sarah Jessica Parker: Two platinum and diamond bracelets by Fred Leighton.
- Demi Moore: Platinum and diamond bracelet, platinum and diamond bracelet with crystals, platinum and diamond ring with a pearl, and a platinum and diamond hair clip by Van Cleef & Arpels.
- Jennifer Lopez: Platinum and diamond clip earrings, and a platinum and diamond bracelet by Cartier.
- Hilary Swank (Vanity Fair party): Platinum and diamond earrings, platinum and diamond chain necklace, and a platinum and diamond cluster ring by Harry Winston.
- Tina Fey: Platinum and diamond earrings with onyx, and a platinum and diamond ring with black jade by Stephen Russell.
- Paula Patton: Platinum and diamond "Tambourine" cuff bracelet (14.86 carats), platinum and diamond wide cuff bracelet (17 carats) platinum and diamond tassel earrings (25 carats), and a platinum and diamond ring (8 carats) by Martin Katz.
- Helen Mirren: Platinum and diamond necklace (125 carats), platinum and diamond earrings (9 carats), and a platinum and diamond cuff by Chopard.
- Sigourney Weaver: Two platinum and diamond bracelets with rubies, platinum and diamond bracelet, and platinum and diamond earrings (8 carats each) by Neil Lane.
- Zoe Kravitz: Platinum and diamond ring, and two platinum and diamond bracelets by Fred Leighton.
- Elizabeth Banks: Blackened platinum and diamond headband, and a platinum and diamond ring (2 carats) by Fred Leighton.
- Meryl Streep: Platinum ring with diamonds and onyx by Fred Leighton.
- Anika Noni Rose: Platinum and diamond cluster earrings and ring, and a platinum and diamond line bracelet by Kwiat.
- Kathy Bates: Platinum and rough diamond necklace (61.48 carats), platinum and rough diamond earrings (56.59 carats), and three stacked platinum and rough diamond bangles (54 carats total) by Diamond In The Rough.
- Robert Downey Jr.: Platinum time piece by Harry Winston.
- Apolo Ohno (Vanity Fair party): Platinum cufflinks by Harry Winston.
About Platinum Jewelry
Platinum is the ideal choice for bridal and fashion jewelry because it holds diamonds and precious gemstones more securely than any other metal. It is not only the highest quality metal, but its density makes it one of the most durable and enduring precious metals. Platinum is also naturally white, unlike white gold, which means it will not cast any tint onto a diamond or gemstone, allowing the stone's genuine color to sparkle brightly. Platinum is also pure and hypoallergenic, making it ideal for sensitive skin.
To learn more about platinum jewelry and to view jewelry styles at a variety of price points, please visit www.preciousplatinum.com.
SOURCE Platinum Guild International USA
More by this Source
World's Biggest Movie Stars Wear Platinum Jewelry To The 86th Annual Academy Awards
Mar 02, 2014, 22:22 ET
Accessorizing For New Year's Eve Parties
Dec 26, 2013, 08:12 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.