Submit Snapshots of 2014 Farm Show for Chance at VIP Parking and Cash
HARRISBURG, Pa., Dec. 31, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Visitors to the 2014 Pennsylvania Farm Show can enter their photographs from this year's show in the annual photo contest and win prizes.
"Each Farm Show brings a new set of memories to capture and share," Agriculture Secretary George Greig said. "Don't miss the chance to show off your best 2014 Farm Show snapshot and compete for cash and a VIP parking space."
Anyone visiting the show is eligible, and the top three entries will be featured in the 2015 Pennsylvania Farm Show Visitor's Guide. The first-place winner receives $100 and a VIP parking space for the 2015 show. The second-place winner receives a $75 cash prize, and the third-place winner earns a $50 prize.
Contest guidelines are:
- The photograph must be taken at the 2014 Farm Show.
- The photograph must be in color.
- The photograph must be 4 x 6 inches in size.
- If a digital camera is used, the resolution must be at least 300 dpi.
- Entries are limited to one per person and must be submitted by March 31.
- Contact information (name, address, phone number, email address) and
caption must be included with entry.
- All photo entries become the property of the Pennsylvania Department of
- Department of Agriculture employees are not eligible.
- The contest is only open to non-professional entries.
The 2013 winner was Jason Grear of Allentown, Lehigh County. Second-place honors went to Wendy Adams of Harrisburg, Dauphin County, and third place to James Cowling of Sussex, N.J.
Email digital photos and entry information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Print photos can be mailed with entry information to Janel Biery at the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture, 2301 N. Cameron St., Harrisburg, PA 17110.
The Pennsylvania Farm Show is the largest indoor agricultural event in the nation, with 24 acres under one roof that feature nearly 6,000 animals, 10,000 competitive exhibits and 300 commercial exhibitors. The eight-day show is Jan. 4-11, at the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex and Expo Center in Harrisburg. Admission is free and parking is $10.
Media contact: Nicole L. C. Bucher, 717-787-5085
SOURCE Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture