Suja Juice Launches First Line Of Cold Brewed, Organic, Non-GMO And Cold-Pressured Teas And First Biodynamic® Beverage Nation's Leading High Pressure Processed Brand Expands Hugely Successful Elements Line with Introduction of Four New Cold Brewed Teas
SAN DIEGO, July 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Suja Juice Co., the leader in cold-pressured (otherwise known as High Pressure Processed (HPP) juice, today announced the launch of its first line of cold-brewed, organic, non-GMO Project Verified and cold-pressured teas. The four new tea flavors, Chunmee Tropical, Honeybush Peach, Jasmine Pomegranate and Unsweetened Biodynamic Black are available exclusively at Whole Foods Markets nationwide as a part of the Suja Elements™ organic, non-GMO, cold-pressured line. The Unsweetened Biodynamic Black flavor is Whole Foods Market's first Demeter Certified Biodynamic® ready-to-drink tea. As with all other Suja Elements flavors, 20 cents from each bottle of Suja Elements tea sold will be donated to select charities as part of the Suja Elements Cause Collective™. The respective charities are listed below.
The new Suja Elements tea line includes the following four flavors:
- Unsweetened Biodynamic Black –Suja's first-ever biodynamic beverage, Suja Elements Unsweetened Biodynamic Black tea is a delicious blend of Nilgiri, Darjeeling and Assam teas that creates a perfectly balanced flavor sourced from variety of Certified Biodynamic farms that are committed to sustainable practices that improve the health of the farm's entire, self-sustaining ecosystem.
- Suja Elements Cause Collective: Free The Children, an international charity and educational partner, working both domestically and internationally to empower and enable youth to be agents of change.
- Chunmee Tropical – A refreshing blend of Chunmee green tea and tropical flavors of pineapple, mango and lime, sweetened with a touch of honey and coconut palm sugar.
- Suja Elements Cause Collective: Gladney Center for Adoption's Superkids Charity, which sends medical volunteers to visit children with special needs in orphanages around the world, enriching their lives through improved care and adoption advocacy.
- Honeybush Peach – Suja's take on a classic peach tea, featuring the unique and lightly sweet flavors of Honeybush and tulsi teas, juicy peach, and honey.
- Suja Elements Cause Collective:Nika, an organization dedicated to raising awareness and funds to bring clean, drinkable water to those in need.
- Jasmine Pomegranate –This Suja tea blends jasmine tea, lemon, pomegranate, tamarind and honey for an exotic, yet inviting flavored tea that refreshes.
- Suja Elements Cause Collective: The Xerces Society, an organization dedicated to protecting wildlife through the conservation of invertebrates such as bees, beetles, butterflies, dragonflies and their habitats.
"The launch of Suja's first line of teas, including our first-ever biodynamic beverage, is a significant milestone for our company," said Jeff Church, Co–Founder and CEO of Suja Juice Co. "With our new teas, we hope that the Suja Elements line people have come to know and love for our organic and non-GMO Suja juices and smoothies, will become the line they turn to for refreshing, organic, cold-brewed teas."
Co-developed with and sold exclusively by Whole Foods Markets nationwide, the Suja Elements tea line offers high-quality, non-GMO Project Verified refreshment that can be enjoyed at the retail price of $3.99 per 12 ounce bottle. The Suja Elements tea line is never made using high heat pasteurization and instead utilizes cold pressure technology to kill any harmful bacteria and preserve maximum nutrition and taste. Additionally, each unique tea offers refreshing taste with no added flavors, colors or preservatives.
"Suja's expertise in mixology and high-pressure pasteurized technology has helped Whole Foods Market reinvent the fresh juice category. The Suja Elements juice line was such a tremendous success that we couldn't wait to develop a cold-pressed tea line that would breathe new life into the tea category as well," said Dwight Richmond, Whole Foods Market global grocery purchasing coordinator. "Now, with Suja's Unsweetened Biodynamic Black tea, Whole Foods Market is able to offer the first-ever Biodynamic certified, ready-to-drink tea exclusively to our shoppers. Even better, like all of the options in the Elements line, shoppers can feel good about their purchase knowing that each bottle they buy supports a great cause."
In April 2014, out of its thousands of national suppliers, Whole Foods Market named Suja its "Non-Perishable Supplier of the Year" for outstanding performance, expertise in the industry, commitment ethical sourcing and partnership in product development.
About Suja Juice Co.
Suja Juice™ began from a shared dream to help people transform their lives through conscious nutrition. The three handcrafted lines of cold-pressured juices, Suja Classic™, Suja Elements™ & Suja Essentials™ are Certified Organic and verified Non-GMO by the Non-GMO Project. All juices and smoothies are cold-pressured using High Pressure Processing (HPP) to kill any harmful bacteria and preserve maximum nutrition and taste. Suja Classic™, packed with pure fruits and vegetables, is the convenient way to drink nutrients the body needs and maintain overall health. The Suja Elements™ line is packed with vital nutrients, amino acids, omegas and antioxidants. For each bottle of Suja Elements™ purchased, 20 cents is donated to an important cause. In 2014, Suja introduced its newest line, Suja Essentials™, for anytime, anywhere refreshment. Suja Essentials™ delivers functional refreshment with vital nutrients your body needs like amino acids, antioxidants, proteins & omegas. With a wide range of cold-pressed organic offerings, Suja™ has a juice for every lifestyle. Suja can be purchased through SujaJuice.com, Amazon.com, as well as Natural and select National Grocery chains.
For more information on Cold-Pressure Technology, please visit www.ColdPressured.Org.
About Suja Elements Cause Collective:
The Suja Elements Cause Collective™ is an important social aspect to the Suja Elements line. With the goal of raising $1 million annually for well-aligned nonprofit organizations, Suja donates 20 cents from every bottle of Suja Elements sold to select charities addressing four key areas of concern, including human aid, health and nutrition, conservation, and growing practices and conservation. Each Suja Elements flavor is paired with a corresponding cause, with key cause partners including The Gladney Center for Adoption, Free the Children, the New Eyes organization, Teens Turning Green, Citizens for GMO Labeling, Whole Planet Foundation, Whole Kids Foundation, International Rescue Committee, The Xerces Society, Food Democracy Now, Nika Water, Oceana and the Environmental and Energy Study Institute.
SOURCE Suja Juice Co.