CHICAGO, Aug. 16, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- New car buyers looking for all the bells and whistles at a reduced cost should buy now, according to the editors at Cars.com, a leading online resource for new and used car buyers and sellers. To help shoppers identify what to buy, the site has compiled a list of the top 2011s on the market that do not change much for 2012 and offer greater incentives.
"Historically, this is a great time to buy vehicles that don't change much for the next model year because you get all the comforts of a new model at a lower price," said David Thomas, an auto industry analyst for Cars.com. "However, manufacturers did a better job managing their inventory this year and not as many 2011s are available, which is why there aren't as many fire sales and blowouts. Our list highlights these 2011 deals – and for those interested in any of these cars, now is the best time to buy."
- Chevrolet (ends September 6):
- 2011 Malibu: $2,500 cash back
- 2011 Silverado crew or extended: $4,505 cash back
- Ford (ends October 3):
- 2011 Fusion: $2,500 cash back
- 2011 Taurus: $2,500 cash back plus 1.9% financing for 60 months
- Honda (ends September 6):
- 2011 Accord, Civic, Crosstour and Pilot: 0.9% financing for 60 months
- 2011 CR-V: 1.9% financing for 60 months
- Nissan (ends August 31):
- 2011 Nissan Maxima: $2,500 cash back
- Mazda (ends August 31):
- 2011 Mazda6: 0% financing for 60 months, $500 cash back and no payment for 90 days
- Volkswagen (ends August 31):
- Jetta, Golf, GTI and Touareg: Offering 1.9% financing for 60 months on most 2011s Eos: 0% financing for 72 months on 2011
- CC: 0% financing for 72 months on 2011 models and for 60 months
*All incentives are currently available nationwide but are subject to change. Always check the incentives in your area before heading into a dealership.
For more information on these and other deals, visit Cars.com.
Cars.com was recently named the "Best Overall Customer Experience" by Keynote Systems, the world's leading Internet usage research company. Cars.com is an online destination for car shoppers that offers information from consumers and experts to help buyers formulate opinions on what to buy, where to buy and how much to pay for a car. With price listings, side-by-side comparison tools, photo galleries, videos, unbiased editorial content and a large selection of new- and used-car inventory, Cars.com puts millions of car buyers in control of their shopping process with the information they need to make confident buying decisions.
Launched in June 1998, Cars.com is a division of Classified Ventures, LLC, which is owned by leading media companies, including Belo (NYSE: BLC), Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI), The McClatchy Company (NYSE: MNI), Tribune Company and The Washington Post Company (NYSE: WPO).