ANAHEIM, Calif., March 7, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- SunButter®, makers of premium nut-free sunflower seed butters, will showcase its latest innovations at Natural Products Expo West (booth #2584) in Anaheim, March 9 – 12. Just in time for spring snacking, SunButter's U.S. grown sunflower seed butters are the perfect option for people looking to pack in positive nutrition while spring cleaning their diets with delicious, better-for-you options. SunButter is free of the top eight food allergens, including peanuts, tree nuts, soy, dairy, eggs, wheat, fish, and shellfish, making it a safe and tasty food that the whole family can enjoy.
"Our product features a distinctive, roasted sunflower seed taste and packs more nutritional benefits than traditional nut butters, containing less saturated fat and more micro nutrients, including magnesium, vitamin E, zinc, and iron," said Justin LaGosh, director of sales and marketing at SunButter. "High in protein and healthy fats, SunButter is a tasty way to elevate snack time."
All of SunButter's products are made from wholesome, natural ingredients, and all but the Creamy variety are now Non-GMO Project Verified. Plus, each serving offers seven grams of protein and contains no cholesterol, trans fats or preservatives. SunButter's full line of products includes:
- SunButter Natural—SunButter Natural provides nutritional punch and great-tasting fuel for the whole family (SRP $5.99)
- SunButter Creamy—Deliciously smooth and creamy; use in a sandwich or atop crackers (SRP $5.99)
- SunButter Natural Crunch—SunButter's all natural sunflower spread – with added crunch (SRP $5.99)
- SunButter No Sugar Added—Made from roasted sunflower seeds and a hint of salt, this sugar-free option is fantastic for savory recipes like Thai Noodle Salad, soups and even meatballs! (SRP $5.99)
- SunButter Organic—Made from organic roasted sunflower seeds and contains no hydrogenated oil, added sugars or salts (SRP $7.99)
- SunButter 5 lb. Tub – An ideal size for families that love SunButter! (SRP $48.37 for a 2-pack)
- SunButter On the Go Single Cups (Creamy)—Each 1.5 oz. cup boasts 9 grams of protein per serving; perfect for traveling, lunch boxes and on-the-go snacking (SRP $5.99)
"Whether you have a nut allergy or are simply living a healthy lifestyle, SunButter is the ideal snack option that can be enjoyed alone, paired with jam or jelly, or used in your favorite spring recipes," adds LaGosh.
To get a head start on smart snacking, try this quick and tasty recipe for SunButter Bites, energy-packed snacks that are ideal for on-the-go munching and curbing junk food cravings:
- 3/4 cup powdered milk
- 1/2 cup crispy brown rice cereal
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup SunButter® (any variety)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small mixing bowl, stir the powdered milk, cereal, wheat germ, flax seed, and salt until combined. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir the SunButter, honey, and vanilla extract with a rubber spatula until combined.
- Add the powdered milk mixture and stir until uniform. The mixture may be on the crumbly side. Form into balls. Serve or store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw for a couple of minutes before serving.
Founded in 2002, SunButter is the pioneer of field-to-table sunflower spread, free of the top food allergens, including peanuts, tree nuts, soy, dairy, eggs, wheat, fish, shellfish, sesame, mustard and sulphites. Based in Fargo, North Dakota, SunButter was developed as a safe and delicious solution for families with peanut and tree nut allergies. Today, SunButter is known for its delicious roasted sunflower seed taste and remains a healthy treat packed with more nutrition benefits than peanut butter. SunButter is produced in one continuous process from field to table that ensures fresh flavor and improved product consistency. The brand offers a complete line of creamy and crunchy sunflower butter boasting up to 7 grams of protein per serving. SunButter products are available at grocery stores nationwide including Target, Walmart, Jet, Swanson, Vitacost and Amazon.com, among others. For more information, visit www.sunbutter.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sunbutter-packs-powerful-nutrition-to-elevate-spring-snacking-300419066.html