WAYNE, Pa., May 9, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Sungard Availability Services® ("Sungard AS") today introduced Cloud-Based Recovery for SAP HANA to allow more businesses to reap the benefits of cloud-based disaster recovery (DR). For the first time, organizations with on-premise SAP HANA environments can leverage Sungard AS virtualized SAP HANA servers as part of a comprehensive cloud-based DR strategy.
This solution provides replication and recovery of SAP HANA production environments deployed on x86 SAP HANA servers with Tailored Datacenter Integration (TDI). Sungard AS, a leading provider of information availability through managed IT, cloud and recovery services, has 16 years' experience in providing production services for SAP and now SAP HANA, all with built-in high availability and recovery capabilities.
"Establishing fully recoverable production services is of top importance to today's enterprises, and that requires embracing digital innovation and all the implications that poses for infrastructure, security and business continuity," said Chris Ortbals, Sungard AS Vice President for Product Management. "Sungard Availability Services Cloud-Based Recovery for SAP HANA provides an attractive new option for customers in both self-hosted and service provider-hosted scenarios."
As more businesses adopt data-driven decision-making, SAP HANA is fast becoming a cornerstone of IT business operations. SAP HANA is an in-memory computing platform that makes it easier for organizations to simplify complex and expensive IT architectures. Companies increasingly recognize the urgency of providing ample protection for these systems in the event of a primary site outage in order to maintain business operations.
Sungard Availability Services Cloud-Based Recovery for SAP HANA allows customers to reduce business risk by protecting SAP HANA-based applications with a pre-engineered, flexible, and service level agreement (SLA)-protected DR solution. Benefits of this new service include:
- Support for SAP HANA that can grow as your business grows, with configurable storage-based replication for HANA databases as well as well other supporting SAP system resources.
- Financial flexibility through OPEX spending rather than CAPEX for the HANA recovery infrastructure, plus flexibility to add capacity when needed without asset buy-outs or write-offs.
- Meaningful reductions in total cost of ownership through the use of cloud-based recovery assets instead of internally owned and managed secondary site facilities, recovery infrastructure and day-to-day environments and replication.
- Flexible application recoverability through the use of data journaling, allowing selectable point-in-time recovery for better application consistency management when recovering multiple system environments.
- Environment protection assurance with recovery time SLAs and configurable recovery points. This is backed by annual testing that doesn't impact SAP HANA production or development environment operations as the SAP HANA environment continues to replicate during testing.
- Support beyond SAP HANA with an extensive portfolio of both managed services and recovery services that can be engineered and delivered as a total solution set with single vendor simplicity.
Sungard Availability Services Cloud-Based Recovery for SAP HANA supports SAP S/4HANA, SAP Suite on HANA (SoH), SAP Business Warehouse (BW), and other SAP HANA-based applications deployed with EMC2 storage arrays, with additional storage vendor configurations to be added over time. The service uses asynchronous replication to seed and maintain the customer's SAP HANA production data within a hardened secondary site.
SAP HANA cloud-based resources are provisioned at the time of test and time of disaster, eliminating the need to dedicate SAP HANA production servers at the recovery site. This also provides high levels of flexibility, as the secondary SAP HANA database and application servers are cloud-based and configurable to accommodate production site changes without upfront capital investment.
Cloud-Based Recovery for SAP HANA is one of several SAP services offered by Sungard AS, complementing a fully managed SAP hosting capability. This capability includes a virtualized SAP HANA cloud platform with 99.95 percent availability. Sungard Availability Services is an SAP Partner that is SAP® Certified in Hosting Services, SAP® Certified in Cloud Services and SAP® Certified in SAP HANA® Operations Services.
About Sungard Availability Services
Sungard Availability Services ("Sungard AS") is a leading provider of critical production and recovery services to global enterprise companies. Sungard AS partners with customers across the globe to understand their business needs and provide production and recovery services tailored to help them achieve their desired business outcomes. Leveraging more than 35 years of experience, Sungard AS designs, builds and runs critical IT services that help customers manage complex IT, adapt quickly and build resiliency and availability. To learn more, visit www.sungardas.com or call 1-800-468-7483. Connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Sungard Availability Services is a trademark or registered trademark of SunGard Data Systems or its affiliate, used under license. The Sungard Availability Services logo by itself is a trademark or registered trademark of Sungard Availability Services Capital, Inc. or its affiliate. All other trade names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
The abbreviation for Sungard Availability Services is 'Sungard AS' as cited above. Please use 'Sungard AS' when abbreviating the name rather than 'Sungard' or 'SunGard,' which may confuse the reader with another separate company with a similar name.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sungard-availability-services-brings-disaster-recovery-to-more-organizations-with-new-cloud-based-recovery-for-sap-hana-300264819.html
SOURCE Sungard Availability Services