SunGard Availability Services Introduces Managed Vaulting for NetApp, Delivering End-to-End Data Protection
WAYNE, Pa., April 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- SunGard Availability Services today announced its Managed Vaulting for NetApp service, which enables end-to-end protection of data for customers with NetApp storage in their primary data center environments. The new service uses NetApp's SnapMirror or SnapVault technology to replicate data in real-time to NetApp infrastructure in SunGard AS' secure recovery environment, thereby helping organizations protect critical data in their NetApp storage systems, vaulted in a trusted, off-site location, and available quickly when needed for disaster recovery.
Managed Vaulting for NetApp is delivered as a fully managed, online backup service that includes everything needed to capture, replicate and store data in an off-site vault. Benefits organizations can achieve with Managed Vaulting for NetApp include:
- Assured Data Preservation. Uses NetApp SnapVault and/or SnapMirror to capture data locally and move it into off-site vaults for preservation and recovery
- Lower Cost of Storage. Extends the life of NetApp storage by using off-site vaults to archive and retain older data, freeing up local storage resources
- Improved Recovery Point. Allows organizations to retire traditional, tape-based backup and recovery systems with disk-based snapshot and replication technologies, which move data off-site as quickly as it is captured
- Decreased IT Burdens. Provides remote management of protection and replication processes, combined with fully managed recovery options at time of test and disaster, dramatically lowering IT administration burdens typically associated with data protection
- Lower Capital Expenditure associated with Data Protection and Recovery. Eliminates the capital expense of dedicated secondary storage, recovery site costs and management costs
"The SunGard Availability Services Managed Vaulting service provides fast and simple backup and recovery, tapping SunGard Availability Services recovery expertise and maximizing our existing NetApp storage investment," said Alexandre Page-Relo, chief information officer, Remy Cointreau USA, Inc. "It allows us to safeguard our data quickly and cost-effectively with a managed service model that allows us to turn CAPEX into OPEX, and frees both internal IT and infrastructure resources."
"As partners, NetApp and SunGard Availability Services share a vision of giving enterprises and mid-market companies advanced management options to meet their data protection and business continuity needs," said Tom Shields, senior manager, Solution Marketing, NetApp. "SunGard Availability Services' Managed Vaulting service allows NetApp customers to extend the benefits of their on-premise NetApp environments to the cloud, while lowering costs for enterprise-class backup and disaster recovery."
"Too many organizations – especially ones that take a do-it-yourself approach – find restoration of business applications too difficult, unpredictable and costly," said Michael de la Torre, vice president, Product Management, SunGard Availability Services. "SunGard Availability Services' Managed Vaulting for NetApp addresses these challenges with a fully managed solution that extends beyond data protection to include application recovery while providing coherent capture, replication and retention of NetApp-stored data."
Managed Vaulting for NetApp is an important piece of SunGard Availability Services' Recovery Services portfolio of solutions, which provide availability options that address a range of tiered applications in customer environments. The Recovery Services portfolio includes:
- Data protection and management through online data vaulting and replication
- Systems recovery through SunGard Availability Services managed hot-sites and cloud-based, automated recovery like Recover2Cloud Server Replication for application recovery
- People, process and program management with SunGard Availability Services' Managed Recovery Program, which includes recovery procedure development, test planning and execution, recovery execution and lifecycle program and change management
About SunGard Availability Services
SunGard Availability Services provides disaster recovery services, managed IT services, information availability consulting services and business continuity management software. With approximately five million square feet of datacenter and operations space, SunGard Availability Services helps customers improve the resilience of their mission critical systems by designing, implementing and managing cost-effective solutions using people, process and technology to address enterprise IT availability needs. Through direct sales and channel partners, we help organizations ensure their people and customers have uninterrupted access to the information systems they need in order to do business. To learn more, visit www.sungardas.com or call 1-800-468-7483. Connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
SunGard is one of the world's leading software and technology services companies. SunGard has more than 17,000 employees and serves approximately 25,000 customers in more than 70 countries. SunGard provides software and processing solutions for financial services, education and the public sector. SunGard also provides disaster recovery services, managed IT services, information availability consulting services and business continuity management software. With annual revenue of about $4.5 billion, SunGard is the largest privately held software and services company and was ranked 480 on the Fortune 500 in 2011. For more information, please visit www.sungard.com.
Trademark Information: SunGard and SunGard logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of SunGard Data Systems Inc. or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and other countries. All other trade names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
SOURCE SunGard Availability Services
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.