Sunrise Senior Living Launches New Website
Responsive Web Design Site Provides Mobile Access to Resources for Seniors and Caregivers
MCLEAN, Va., March 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sunrise Senior Living, LLC, a senior living leader, today announced the launch of its redesigned website, which supports navigation through smartphone and tablet devices, as well as provides enhanced resources to caregivers, seniors and professionals.
According to a recent Nielsen report, tablets are used in one-fifth of all U.S. homes. Given the increasing move toward mobile devices, Sunrise's new website uses Responsive Web Design, a technology that maximizes viewers' experience no matter what device they are using - computer, smartphone or tablet. This design will help ensure that Sunrise website visitors will always be able to easily locate and view information on senior living.
"As seniors and their caregivers continue to adopt new devices, it is important to make our website agile and better able to assist them in having conversations about their care needs," said Meghan Lublin, SVP, Marketing & Communications, for Sunrise. "Whether browsing our Food Blog, Senior Eats™, on a tablet, or looking up details or directions to a Sunrise community on a smartphone, visitors of the site will be able to access and read our valuable information from any device."
For more than 30 years, Sunrise has provided residents and their families, caregivers and professionals with resources on all aspects of senior living. Visitors to the new website will be able to take advantage of these new and enhanced features:
- Search function available on every page that precisely combs through consumer-friendly content;
- "Find a Community" platform that quickly identifies communities based on selected location, care and service criteria;
- Additional map and directions options, including integration with mobile phones, so seniors and their families can easily call and visit communities to learn more; and
- Comprehensive community pages providing information including a photo gallery, activities calendars, menus and more.
In addition, Sunrise's website hosts an updated resources page with helpful tips and guides on aging-related matters, such as:
- Tips for Successful Caregiving, to help family members caring for elderly loved ones at home;
- Sunrise Senior Living Blog, which provides daily senior and caregiver news updates;
- Ideas for Designing Spaces for Seniors, with expert advice from HGTV's Emily Henderson; and
- Toolkit for Helping a Loved One with Memory Loss, including warning signs, ways to keep the brain healthy and support group information.
Recently, Sunrise's website was named the winner of the Best Provider Websites: Large Companies by SeniorHomes.com. This honor is awarded by a panel of expert judges to the finalist that earns the highest rating during the Best Senior Living Awards – a program that evaluates top senior living providers, resources and more.
About Sunrise Senior Living
Sunrise Senior Living, a McLean, Va.-based company, employs approximately 29,000 people. As of December 31, 2012, Sunrise operated 296 communities located in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, with a unit capacity of approximately 27,300 units. Sunrise offers a full range of personalized senior living services, including independent living, assisted living, care for individuals with Alzheimer's and other forms of memory loss, as well as nursing and rehabilitative services. Sunrise's senior living services are delivered by staff trained to encourage the independence, preserve the dignity, enable freedom of choice and protect the privacy of residents. To learn more about Sunrise, please visit http://www.sunriseseniorliving.com.
SOURCE Sunrise Senior Living, LLC
More by this Source
Sunrise Senior Living Appoints Penny McIntyre as Chief Executive Officer
Nov 07, 2013, 08:30 ET
Sunrise Senior Living Announces Chief Operating Officer Transition
Sep 04, 2013, 17:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.