Sunrise Senior Living Opens Doors For Third Annual Tour Of Homes
Events Showcase the Sunrise Signature Experience and Resources for Seniors and Families
MCLEAN, Va., May 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sunrise Senior Living, LLC, today announced its third annual Tour of Homes, an open house event that will occur in its nearly 300 communities in the U.S. and Canada from Sunday, June 2, through Saturday, June 8. The public is invited to visit any Sunrise community to tour residents' suites, meet members of the Sunrise team – even the resident pets – and experience first-hand the high-quality senior living Sunrise offers its residents and families.
"We look forward to opening our doors and inviting in the public to learn more about our dedication to creating a safe and nurturing home full of joy," said Laura McDuffie, chief operating officer for Sunrise. "Sunrise offers a wealth of resources and tips for seniors and their families to ease their transition into our communities, which offer all the comforts and special touches of home."
Every Tour of Homes event will highlight the Sunrise Signature Experience, which is at the heart of each community's approach to care. Offerings include:
- Designated Care Managers are trained caregivers who provide consistent care for the same residents in their suites and throughout the community.
- Ongoing programming and activities designed around what residents find joy in doing to create a fulfilling environment and help build bonds between fellow residents and Sunrise team members.
- Sunrise Signature Dining provides delicious, nutritious meals made with fresh, local ingredients.
- Caregiver resources including support groups, financial options and health and wellness information.
- The community cat and dog, that offer residents comfort and companionship. Pets have been shown to help improve health as we age!
- Senior-friendly design tips to help families create welcoming and safe spaces for seniors.
To emphasize its ongoing commitment to personalized environments, Sunrise partnered for a second year with HGTV host and "Design Star" Emily Henderson, awarding a winner of the Sunrise Suite Style Contest with a free complete suite redesign. Guests are welcome to tour the enhanced suite of the winner, Fran Ferguson, at Sunrise on Connecticut Avenue in Washington, D.C. Click here to view Fran's suite remodel from beginning to end.
Visitors to all Tour of Homes events will receive a copy of the Home Design Guide, filled with tips on designing safe and comfortable spaces for seniors. To learn more and RSVP for the Sunrise Tour of Homes, visit SunriseSeniorLiving.com/Tour.
About Sunrise Senior Living
Sunrise Senior Living, a McLean, Va.-based company, employs approximately 29,000 people. As of April 1, 2013, Sunrise operated 292 communities in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, with a unit capacity of approximately 27,400 units. Sunrise offers a full range of personalized senior living services, including independent living, assisted living, care for individuals with Alzheimer's disease and other forms of memory loss, as well as nursing and rehabilitative services. Sunrise's senior living services are delivered by staff trained to encourage the independence, preserve the dignity, enable freedom of choice and protect the privacy of residents. To learn more about Sunrise, please visit http://www.sunriseseniorliving.com.
SOURCE Sunrise Senior Living, Inc.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.