The New York-based media company features apps, a newsletter and a robust social media presence to connect with the hundreds of millions of Sinophiles, Chinese living in other countries, experts, and China-curious readers and listeners around the globe. On all of its platforms, SupChina will provide a clear-cut, thoughtful and comprehensive way to keep up with and understand the top business, political and cultural news about the nation.
"China has been a huge part of the global economy for years, but now we're seeing its influence reach more deeply into the cultural fabric of the world, prompting many questions about the intersection of the nation's creative industries, history, hopes, politics and business activities with those of other countries," said Amedeo Tumolillo, SupChina's editor-in-chief. "We're thrilled to take on these questions with a comprehensive and nuanced resource for China watchers."
Kaiser Kuo and Jeremy Goldkorn, founders and co-hosts of the popular Sinica podcast have joined SupChina. "We've been doing Sinica as a labor of love since 2010. We're thrilled to become part of a dynamic media company with the same focus as our podcast," Goldkorn said.
SupChina is powered by a renowned team of China experts with decades of experience in journalism, politics, culture and society, including:
- Amedeo Tumolillo joined the company from The New York Times, where he reported, produced and coordinated content out of New York and Hong Kong.
- Kaiser Kuo, co-host and co-founder of the Sinica podcast, China's leading current affairs show that is now powered by SupChina. Kuo, a native of upstate New York, recently wrapped up a 20-year stint in Beijing. While in China, he served as international spokesperson for Baidu, China's leading search engine; co-founded Tang Dynasty, China's most successful metal band; worked as editor of one of China's first online magazines; served as China bureau chief for the technology magazine Red Herring; wrote a column for Beijing's most popular English magazine for 10 years; and has been a widely quoted observer and commentator on technology, society, culture and politics.
- Jeremy Goldkorn, co-host and co-founder of the Sinica podcast. He moved to China in 1995 and became managing editor of Beijing's first independent English-language entertainment magazine. In 2003, he founded the website and research firm, Danwei, which tracked Chinese media, markets, politics and business. It was acquired in 2013 by the Financial Times. He has written for The New York Times, The Guardian and other publications, and speaks regularly about China. He is co-editor of the China Story Yearbook and website.
- Michael Yamashita is an award-winning photographer who has shot for National Geographic for more than 30 years. He has told the story of the legendary Ming Dynasty admiral and explorer Zheng He, explored Chinese history in the book Marco Polo: A Photographer's Journey, and brought many other stunning photographs of the nation to audiences around the world, including the hundreds of thousands of people who follow him on Instagram (instagram.com/yamashitaphoto/).
- Anla Cheng, the founder and CEO of SupChina, is also a senior partner of Sino-Century China Private Equity Partners, an investment firm that focuses on cross-border transactions and has offices in New York, Beijing and Shanghai.
The team will continue to expand through partnerships with leading organizations and individuals providing the best commentary, analysis and news about China, from social media experts to academic institutions to journalists on the ground.
SupChina is a new media company dedicated to news about China for the hundreds of millions of Sinophiles, Chinese living abroad, experts, and China-curious readers and listeners who aim to develop and refine their expertise on the nation. SupChina features top news from more than 150 high-quality sources, original essays and articles, the respected Sinica podcast, and photographs of the country from the award-winning photographer Michael Yamashita.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/supchinacom-launches-news-for-a-global-audience-on-all-things-china-300283381.html